The Samsung Galaxy S23
SaneTezz's profile

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 3:27 PM

Closed

Phone won't make or receive calls

Hi,  so phone won't make or receive calls but is fine with texts and internet and the rest of everything.   

The bills paid 

Not in airplane mode

Tried restarting

Tried airplane mode then deactivating

Removed Apps that could be fishy

Cleared my internet info 

And finally just went and factory reset my phone. 

And still will not make calls. 

I've tried businesses and friends but just get the "can't connect" with beep beep beep beep.

My husband and kid s both have functioning phones.  However my mother in law is having the same issue on her iPhone through atnt and I have a Samsung... so...  what's going on?  Just started yesterday. 

ACE - Sage

• 

105.7K Messages

1 year ago

@Davy49

And yet it's not the same...

You may be using AT&T Towers but you do not have access to AT & T servers which is where the updates to Software reside.

Check build number here

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1403808/LG/LGLMG900UM

Davy49

Mentor

• 

134 Messages

1 year ago

Hi formerlyknownas,

As always I'm grateful for your reply, I will state publicly though (and this is just MY opinion) I'm so tired of all the negative comment's I've been seeing in here due to the shutdown of the 3g network. Here's the current build # that's installed on my phone RKQ1.201105.002 / Software Version: G900UM20o . This seems to be the latest that's available for my phone. 

David

• 

28 Messages

11 months ago

I dowloaded an app that let me select the band/channel and it fixed it - I forced it to select "gsm/wcdma preferred"

google pixel 4 - att prepaid
app is called 4G ForceLTE

att told me it would be 24 to 48 hours before they could do anything

Davy49

Mentor

• 

134 Messages

11 months ago

Hi jackregion5,

Sadly, I actually think my issue was being caused in part due to my previous wireless carrier (red pocket mobile) not being as technically advanced as the 'actual' at&t wireless service is. I decided to switch to at&t prepaid wireless unlimited plan, & I can honestly attest to the fact that as soon as I installed the at&t prepaid sim card into my lg velvet 5g phone it was like a minor miracle had occurred. Everything just started functioning properly from the get go. 

David :-)

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

An access point name (APN) on mobile phones establishes a connection to the gateway between the carrier's network and the internet. The APN finds the IP address that the device is identified with on the network, determines if a private network is needed, chooses the correct security settings, and more.

The APN for T-Mobile is fast.tmobile.com for 4G LTE devices. An older one is wap.voicestream.com, and the T-Mobile Sidekick APN is hiptop.voicestream.com. The APN name for AT&T smartphones is NXTGENPHONE, modems and netbooks is isp.cingular, for all smartwatches it's Phone, and the AT&T all tablets and mobile broadband is broadband. The APN for Verizon is vzwinternet for internet connections and vzwims for text messaging. https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-apn-access-point-name-2377408

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S21 

- Mobile data working

- Can't make calls, simply says "Can't connect"

Is an unlocked phone, any ideas?

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

9 months ago

@thehench Is your exact model number on the list of approved devices?   Heck your phone with list linked below. 

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

Hi @Fl_retire it is, the  Galaxy S21 5G G991B/DS. 

On prepaid, Data works, SMS's work, just no outbound/inbound calling. 

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

Not saying for sure that this is your problem, but I'll relate my experience. In March, my unlocked phone quit making/receiving calls so I bought an unlocked Nokia G20 (t1343) which was on the list, was ok for 2 days, then it stopped making/receiving calls. After much research/several calls to ATT/several days etc.. the problem was voice LTE was not provisioned and finally ATT advanced tech support got it provisioned and everything was good until June when once again my phone showed voice LTE not provisioned and no calls in or out. Voice LTE on this model can't be changed by user on the phone (grey'd out). ATT support said they showed it was provisioned on their end. Finally I got connected to advanced tech support. He tried several things to get it to work, but finally admitted he was seeing this with other unlocked phones(even models where the user had access to the voice LTE settings) that were on the list but would not make/receive calls. At that point he offered to send me a similar priced ATT phone no charge and let me choose the model from ATT website. I chose the Moto 5G One and received it a couple of days later. Again, not saying this is the same thing going on with your phone or that they will offer you the same deal, but so far everything good. Also, since we haven't had any problems with wife's unlocked Moto G Power 2021 was wondering if it's only models of  phones ATT never stocked?

ACE - Sage

• 

105.7K Messages

9 months ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.