The Samsung Galaxy S24
Meglyons3's profile

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, June 18th, 2022 4:21 AM

Phone marked as stolen and it's not

I am having some pretty horrible problems. I upgraded my own device 2 years ago and the manager who did it put the installment next plan on the wrong phone line. Customer service has told me that the only thing I could do was pay off the device the next plan is meant for before I could make any changes to anything on the plan regarding phone lines. So my son broke the device I had him using (was never on an installment plan, but the account reflects like it is) and I bought him a cell phone outside of ATT, and when I put the sim in the new phone ATT has suspended this line and marked it as stolen. Help! 

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

How do I look up to see if the phone is blacklisted? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 years ago

Go into a browser, and Google " IMEI Blacklist check".

There are several websites that will allow you to enter the IMEI of your son's replacement device that you just purchased and check to see whether it is blacklisted.

It will also verify if the IMEI and the physical phone are actually the same and not connected with completely different device.  ( for example if you bought him an iPhone 7, but the IMEI comes back for an iPhone 5.  Or you purchased him an AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy s20 oh, but the IMEI comes back to a Sprint branded phone)

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you! I will check as soon as I get home. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.