Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Thatgirl90's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 27th, 2019 10:56 PM

Phone hacked. Everything comprised

yesterdwy I was looking at my back up information on my cloud and found the  manifests where the coding had been rewritten  and now I don't have control over my phone.  How do I fix this.  I still have the manifests  but they did it to everything.  Please help

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

This is absolute nonsense.

First of all, your backup information is just that. Backup information. It has nothing to do with the performance of the phone itself.

Second, what cloud are you backing up to? Samsung Cloud? Google? Neither of those services allow you to see the coding of the "cloud" because that coding is stored on remote servers.

Third, even if your cloud had been rewritten or "hacked," that has no effect on your actual phone. If you're concerned about the backup, just don't use it, and make a new backup. You can even erase your phone and set it up as new without the backup information. Problem solved.​

Fourth, hacking an Android phone is not as simple as re-writing code on a cloud. Besides what you think is a hacked cloud, what evidence do you have that you don't have control of your phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.