Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
shannaschueller's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 1:20 AM

Phone cannot make or receive calls

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ that I bought already unlocked at Best Buy a few years ago.  I was able to receive a phone call last night, but today I can't make or receive calls. My internet, etc. work and I can send and receive texts but not calls. I called customer service from my work phone and she tried all she knew but nothing fixed it. I restarted multiple times, even tried safe mode, nothing changes.  I got a new sim card. The rep used my phone to make a call and it worked.  I got to the parking lot and tried to make calls but couldn't. I went back in the store and he said there's nothing else he can try. I spoke to another customer there who had an unlocked galaxy S10 doing the same and that he had to get a new phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

5 m前

@Jtbuilder25

That's incorrect.

AT&T has a list of unlocked phones that will work on their Network that is as long as the list of their own phones. 

Non carrier, unlocked phones that will work on AT&T

If you are a first net customer, you must have an AT&T phone, or flash AT&T software onto an unlocked U1 model. 

AT&T cannot install the firstnet packet required for preemption and priority on unlocked phones. 

• 

9 Messages

5 m前

@formerlyknownas, can you please explain how to set it to VoLTE?  I'm pretty familiar with my phone but never been able to find that exact setting through any menu even though I've been looking for it for a day now.  I do have developer mode enabled and I've definitely reset my network settings at least 15 times yesterday so I know to do that after any network change.

On a side note, I did find out that I can make calls on 3G or 2G think because the new SIM they gave me has a new APN "agms" that my old one didn't.  This allows me to make and receive calls but I get no data.  Switching back to the original APN I was on "ATT Nextgenphone" gives me LTE but no calls.  There's no way that I'm going to be switching back and forth to used my phone and I'm pretty sure that's not what they intended.

• 

9 Messages

5 m前

Maybe it would help if I attached some pics.  This is what I had in the APN.  

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

5 m前

@HoppaWang

Flash the ATT software.

I suspect your s20 was from a different service provider, and it did not have the proper update to unlock att software.

APN deleting aren't going to work

• 

9 Messages

5 m前

@formerlyknownas,

You're absolutely right so I appreciate any help.  This device was a new unlocked S20 5G without ATT software.  How do I get ATT software (I hate bloatware, but if it's the only way to work)?

• 

3 Messages

5 m前

I guess this is where I'm at, too... I have a Note 9  SM-F960F/DS with no HD Voice capability since 3G shutoff. Data and Messages are no problem, and I have VoLTE enabled, so I guess I need to flash firmware... So, where do I get that? XPA Forum? Clearly not enough standardization in the industry to serve customers, just continue the sham. Google Voice work around only good as long as I'm on WiFi somewhere. Irritating turn off events. Wonder how many customers AT&T has hitting the wind through this... I'm sure it's within their churn projections. Why live on the fringe and get what you want when you can just be like everyone else and accept what they'll give you? 

Mengy

• 

16 Messages

5 m前

@formerlyknownas , how do you "flash the ATT software"?

My Galaxy S10 (Model# SM-G973U, it's an AT&T phone, not unlocked) can't make / receive calls since 3-1-22.  Like others in this thread I do not have an option in my settings to enable/disable voLTE. 

I got a new SIM this week direct from ATT, did not change anything.  Tech Support seems lost on how to fix this.  

This does seem like a software issue to me as it seems like I'm just missing some button to enable voLTE or something, but my phone is up to date with no updates available.  Android 12, OneUI 4.0, it's all current as far as I can tell.

Completely lost on this, but if I can't get it fixed soon I'm leaving AT&T as I can't go this long without a phone.

• 

211 Messages

5 m前

@Mengy how did you get android 12 on your 973U? I'm waiting for it to be released on my U1 S10.

Supposedly, there's HD voice capabilities inherent in the OS for system 12. If an att locked S10 running Android 12 still can not make calls on att network, we are all screwed. 

Well, meaning bye bye att.

for some ungodly reason, att is not auto downloading the software for their HD voice when you put a valid att sim in an accepted phone.

Pretty dang sure if you go to T mobile and do the same, it will trigger an auto download of all their bloatware, including HD voice. 

Mengy

• 

16 Messages

5 m前

@centaurus3200 I didn't do anything special to get Android 12 on my S10, I simply got it via the normal software updates.

I do not have any options in any menus I can find to enable HD voice, but I do agree, I think this whole mess is due to software issues and our AT&T phones missing critical updates or software.

(edited)

• 

211 Messages

5 m前

Do you have the 973u or 973u1 phone? If it's the U, it should have all the att bloatware already installed? Including HD voice.

At least that's what many believe... Including att.

You bought your phone from att? Wierd it updated to 12, I don't think att S10s are on 12 yet. only T mobile, Verizon and all their variants. 

(edited)

Mengy

• 

16 Messages

5 m前

It is the SM-G973U, not the *U1.  There certainly is a lot of AT&T software installed on it, and yeah it came with a lot of stuff installed which I'd rather it didn't have, lol.

That said, I can't find anything in the settings menus related to HD Voice, nor for VoLTE either.

(edited)

• 

211 Messages

5 m前

@Mengy did it use to work on att lte before android 12? Like you could select HD voice when it was on Android 11?

Or did it always say 3g or H+ when making calls? 

Mengy

• 

16 Messages

5 m前

@centaurus3200 My S10 has worked with AT&T for the three years I've had it (had an S5 for many years before the S10).  I do not know when it got updated to Android 12, honestly I never looked at the inner settings of my phone before 3-1-22 when calls stopped working.  I just updated it as I've been prompted to every now and then.

I don't know if it said 3G or H+ when calling before 3-1-22, truthfully I just dialed and talked on it and never had an issue before this week.

(edited)

• 

211 Messages

5 m前

Who wants to be a Guinea pig and try this "keypad Hackery"?

My phone still works on H+, but for anyone dead in the water, maybe you got nothing to lose? 

Did this on my AT&T sim.
In dialing app,
VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*
Network Settings, Enhanced 4G LTE Mode, enable it.

This USSD code just disables/enables VoLTE capability check. It may help if your carrier "does not support" VoLTE for Mi A3 while the device is capable. But you need to be careful. Mi A3 (at least International ROM) uses some generic carrier profile. And this profile uses SMS over IMS. And you will need an IMS APN for sending SMS.

If your carrier does not support SMS over IMS (still uses LTE signalling for sending SMS) you can try setting active another carrier profile with QPST Flash Tool if your device 

Thread 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/enhanced-4g-lte-mode.4007039/

• 

211 Messages

5 m前

I think the answers are buried in here. Probably best to just switch carriers, rather than pretending you're Angelina Jolie in the movie hackers 😜

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/samsung-s10-unlocked-phone-with-at-t-firmware.3912973/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/can-i-install-stock-at-t-rom-on-an-unlocked-s10-from-samsung.3915899/

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.