The Samsung Galaxy S24
shannaschueller's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, February 24th, 2022 1:20 AM

Phone cannot make or receive calls

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ that I bought already unlocked at Best Buy a few years ago.  I was able to receive a phone call last night, but today I can't make or receive calls. My internet, etc. work and I can send and receive texts but not calls. I called customer service from my work phone and she tried all she knew but nothing fixed it. I restarted multiple times, even tried safe mode, nothing changes.  I got a new sim card. The rep used my phone to make a call and it worked.  I got to the parking lot and tried to make calls but couldn't. I went back in the store and he said there's nothing else he can try. I spoke to another customer there who had an unlocked galaxy S10 doing the same and that he had to get a new phone.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Cannot find your profile or email or contact information 

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

I don't see your email..

Mine is [email scrubbed]

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

It’s against forum rules to share personal information and is immediately scrubbed if posted. This includes email full names and phone numbers 

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Well that (Edited per community guidelines)!!  I need help with my phone, haven't been able to talk on it for several several days now!!

(edited)

• 

211 Messages

2 years ago

any word on this. my factory unlocked G973U only makes calls on H+ (which is not 4G)... so i'm going to be out of luck at some point.

what the heck does ATT mean by "may require software update"? from who??? samsung or ATT? i'm currently using android 11, but it says my OS is up to date. has anybody had luck getting android 12 pushed to their unlocked galaxy S10? did that solve the issue? when is samsung actually scheduling the rollout?

it seems ATT is just flat out BLOCKING factory unlocked phones from getting the HD voice option under mobile networks... even though they SAID the unlocked G973U was going to work on their 4G network for calls.

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah, ATT really screwed this up bad..

What's the point of having only certain phones on their network anyways? Does it really make the network faster?

• 

211 Messages

2 years ago

totally. they said the G973U would work, i bought it, doesn't work. so MAKE IT WORK! because i'm NOT buying another phone. i'll just go to another network.

talk about not seeing the big picture. they'd rather short con me out of $15/mo. for LEASING an S22, instead of continuing to screw me out of like, what? $100/mo. in cell service? INGENIOUS!

• 

211 Messages

2 years ago

I think I figured out what's going on. I THOUGHT I bought a G973U, but checking the phone profile it's a G973U1. same phone, but no "bloatware" from carriers... Which means no ATT HD voice. The software is just not on the phone.

Now ATT's whitelist SAYS it will support the U1 with a "software update" (same as the U version), but doesn't say if that update comes from Samsung or att.

Still trying to figure this out, but I think we're gonna have to reflash our firmware to the android U version that has every carrier's bloatware on it).  Which means you'll need a PC and Odin software. Yup, now you're becoming a hacker because att is trying to corner you against the wall to LEASE one of their phones 

Next step is to call Verizon and ask if the U1 will work on 4G voice with just a simple SIM swap. Meaning put a verizon sim in and it will automatically download their version of HD voice. If so, then screw it. Off to Verizon I go!

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Leasing?🤦‍♂️

• 

211 Messages

2 years ago

@Constructive  fine, not a lease... but unless i'm mistaken. i pay $800 upfront for the phone... with taxes, that takes it to nearly $1,000. THEN, ATT gives a "bill credit" at $15/mo. for 36 months.

so, let's do the math. 15x36=$540. so i paid $1k for a phone... and ATT's idea of "free" is to give me back $540 OVER 3 YEARS and i eat the rest. that's NOT a free phone!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.