For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
E

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 17th, 2021 10:04 PM

phone being shut off

I received a phone in the mail with instructions that because of the 3G shutting off my daughters phone will be turned off and this new phone activated in 30 days. How Crappy!

My daughter saved up her money $175 and bought her first cell phone. The replacement they sent is smaller and half the capacity of her current phone. I called to get help and my option is to buy a new phone. I spent 44 minutes on the phone with someone who couldn't find a "deal" and coulnd't confirm the date that her phone will be shut off. She is a special needs kid besides.

I guess it is time to shop for a new carrier. Like I have extra time for that. Very disappointed in AT&T!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T is shutting down their 3G network no later than Feb. 2022, and the information about this has been public knowledge for a very long time. What AT&T is doing is offering a free phone (albeit a not very nice one) so that their 3G customers can stay connected without any interruption in service. Unfortunately if you want a better phone, you'll have to purchase your own.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

This ⬆️

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.