Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 5:44 PM

Other carrier phone compatibility with AT&T's service

I am considering switching my Metro by T-Mobile family plan and users to AT&T. It will include 4 Samsung A10e phones and one unlocked AT&T Samsung S9. I assume I'll have no issues with the S9 since it is an old AT&T phone, but will I have issues with the Metro phones? What will AT&T need to confirm compatibility? Will they need new SIM cards?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

a month ago

ATT doesn’t need anything, it’s up to you to verify compatibility. ATT considers a phone compatible if you can make calls, which you should be able to do with any unlocked phone that works on Tmobile’s network. The biggest issue is data and whether the phones support all of the LTE bands ATT uses. Of course you would need new SIM cards.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

Thank you for the feedback. As listed on my original inquiry, 4 of the phones are Samsung A10e phones. I believe AT&T also sells those. Anything else I need to check within the phone to determine the LTE Band?

• 

5 Messages

I guess I need to know what those AT&T LTE bands are to see if my current phones support those.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2,4,5,12,29,30,66 those are ATT LTE bands

You also will not get wifi calling or VoLTE with those a10e just a FYI

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

Thanks for the Band info. I found that Metro's bands for the A10e are: 1 to 5, 7,8,12, 13, 20, 25,26,28,38,39,40,41,66 & 71. So there are a few differences. For some reason, I am not able to get WiFi Calling on my S9 now over Metro's Ntwrk. I assume that will start working if I switch to AT&T. I was not aware of the WiFi calling issue with the A10e as you state above. There seems to be instructions on how to turn it on for AT&T and T-Mobile, so I assumed it will work.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

wifi calling is carrier dependent. ATT has a ATT a10e they sell that will get wifi calling. The phones your using will have metro software onboard and will not work

• 

5 Messages

Thanks again. I would hate to get rid of the a10e phones since we just got them in Dec and wind up paying for new ones. The only reason for switching to AT&T is due to the poor signal I am getting with Metro.

• 

1 Message

@GLIMMERMAN76 I am trying to use my unlocked SM-G892U on Att. Can you tell me where I can get the SM-G92A firmware?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…