Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Jan 12, 2020 7:14 AM

Note 8 Android 9

The Android 9 update is not showing up for my Note 8. I've tried safe mode and smart switch. Nothing is working and I can't use bixby until I update. I bought the phone from an AT&T store and I am in the US, phone is fully charged and on wifi.

Responses

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

447 Messages

2 months ago

AT&T released Android 9 for the Note 8 last March. And it got 5 security updates since then. However, if you never got it, depending on what your OS security patch level is right now, it may be too old to see the Pie update now.

Only option at this point it to search how to flash it yourself. And, we can't get into that here.

- Joel
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

It's never been available. I check every month for new updates. I have searched online and the AT&T version is not available. I'm left relying on AT&T to get bixby working again as Google assistant is not an option for my phone.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19K Messages

@00Hoss Your a att customer?

And samsung is killing off bixby so I would get google assistant working if I was you. The new s20 will have GA if all the leaks are true

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

I downloaded GA. When I opened it it said it wasn't available for my phone.

(edited)