Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Wed, Mar 25, 2015 2:47 PM

Note 4 Lollipop 5.0 is here!

When will Lollipop 5.0 be available for my Note 4?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

The Lollipop has landed! Update the Software for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has all the information you need to update your device. 

Things to know:

• You should be connected to a reliable Wi-Fi source. Download and install could take 30-60 minutes.
  • Removing the battery during an OS update's download and installation could break the device.
  • You should have at least 3 GB of free device memory (not including the SD card).
  • Some applications may take longer to open after the Lollipop update due to the initial optimization process.
  • If having difficulty with any applications after the update it may be necessary to update the application to the latest version via the Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps
teeure_rdt

Scholar

• 

175 Messages

6 years ago

Will the note edge be updated anytime soon?

hprdr20

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Where is the s5 update?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When is the note edge update coming and why is it taking so long?
lhbanchik

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I'm glad that you've released Lollipop but the update had caused issues with Bluetooth connections.  The phone keeps forgetting the BT connection with both my car and headset but not LE Bluetooth devices such as Automatic or Tile.

I've already tried deleting the bluetooth profiles for those devices both on the phone and car and re-pairing them but that only works for a few connections  and then the problem recurrs.

Recycling the BT doesn't fix the issue nor does rebooting the phone.

Other phones connect with the car and earpiece just fine and the phone had no issues prior to the update so I have to assume there is a problem with the BT A2DP drivers on the update.

Please address this issue ASAP.

teeure_rdt

Scholar

• 

175 Messages

6 years ago

If you're experiencing issues, that only means it will be October before we received the update on the Note Edge. 😞

jamest70

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

6 years ago

When is the gs5 getting the lollipop? Please at&t can someone give me a answer my gold gs5 is only 8 months old i paid 650$ for the phone overa 100$ for a case. Iwas going to purchase the gs6 from at&t to. But since every small time carrier and the big carriers all have lollipop for thier gs5 except at&t, now i am seriously thinking about changeing to t mobile. I loved your service at&t but this lack of respect for customers has did it for me i am goung to purchase my gs6 from tmobile or verizon. Goodbye
teeure_rdt

Scholar

• 

175 Messages

6 years ago

I see we have yet to hear from AT&T again. We can get a simple explanation on the progress? Of if AT&T is actually going to push the update to the Note Edge? It will take a large number of customers to leave before they decide to give any attention to their customer's thought's or feelings.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

What is really sad is the 5.0 update was released by Google in July 2014, so it has only taken them 8 months to get it out. That said, those of us with an S4 (less than 2 years old I might add) are still waiting for the update.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hi I am using samsung note 4 - N910A. I didn't find  any update for my device in software updates of my note 4.

When I try to check manually in settings--about phone--software updates and try to check for updates.....Its showing me a message like current software is up to date

I was trying from past one week...

I dont why its not showing my lollipop update. I have called technical customer care, they told me at&t update is released baes on IMEI number.So asked me to wait for few weeks.

I really dont know why its taking months for at&t to release lollipop updates even for high end mobile phones

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My Note 4 fails to install the update.  No helpful info is provided and I'm told that I cannot try again for 21 hours!  I've got 18gb free as I uninstalled all the apps I could to see if this was causing the update failure. Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

How do I remove this update from my phone and roll back to 4.4.4 and to opt out of future updates? This update is total crap. The battery drains like crazy now, the colors are horrible and cannot be changed.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Xunlyn85

you can roll back but the update will just be pushed again.  Att is doing forced updates you can say no 3 times.  The only way not to get the updates is never use wifi.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You can't roll back, a factory reset just takes it back to a clean version
of 5.0. One of the reps laughably told me to go to Best Buy to get my phone
flashed back to 4.4.4, and now on my 3rd complaint call to tech support
they telling me I need to work with warranty to get another vanilla phone
if they have it. Which is all well and good, until they force 5.0 back. F
THAT

I'm tired of fighting with AT&T and their blatant lies. I'm tired of AT&T
because they don't care about us as customers. Look at the posts to their
face book page with generic email us we care posts then follow ups that
AT&T still did not reply to the user's after they emailed in. I'll get a
phone I can root and manage myself and roll back if need be.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

6 years ago

you can roll back if you flash the old firmware with the odin flash tool.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question