Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Y

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Apr 8, 2020 5:24 PM

Not getting mobile data

I just got a new unlocked Samsung Galaxy A71. Being that it is a newer international phone and not one being offered by AT&T, I did some research to see if it was compatible with AT&T. From everything I read, it was. So I bought the phone, got a new SIM card, since my old SIM card would not work on the new phone, and got the device activated. I also had to get a new data plan, since my old plan was on the older network. However, it is not getting any mobile internet. I could only call and text. I contacted Customer Support about this, and I went and edit the NXTGENPHONE APN settings to the ones set for non-AT&T Android phones. And the device still is not getting any mobile data. Customer Support got back to me that device would not work on the network, since it was an international phone. I want to be sure that is really the case before I return the phone or switch to a carrier that would accept the device. And if the phone is allowed on the AT&T network, then I would need help getting data to work.

Responses

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

An update: So I got in contact with Samsung customer support, and the technician I spoke with said it is possible that the phone processor is an Exynos chipset, which is really common with international devices. He said that Exynos processors do not have the modes set to support US networks. However, upon checking on the hardware via CPU-Z, I found out this A71's processor is a Snapdragon processor, so it should work on US networks.

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

i spent three days with identical problem. Neither Samsung nor AT&T support helped after hours and hours of 3 days on the phone and no solution I found worked on the internet. In the end I went to an AT&T store and the local rep says he sees this with dozens of Samsung phones. He fixed it in 30 seconds flat by putting in the IMEI # of his own phone and just changing one digit and BOOM. I had LTE data perfectly after a phone cycle. See if you can get someone to do that at AT&T. worked for me

Get started...

Ask a new question