Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jan 15, 2020 9:02 PM

No option to disable stream saver

I've tried online on my computer as well as they my att app on my phone but I cannot disable stream saver, only data. I tried calling att support but they don't speak English very well which just irritated me even more. I'm tired of downloading pixelated and choppy videos because they are being compressed and not downloaded in hd. Please help! I would love to be able to receive videos and actually make out what's going on in them.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

1 month ago

It depends on what plan you have? Some of the plans are limited to DVD or SD quality.
This would mean you have to change your plan in order to have the option to remove stream saver.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Possibly, although if I'm on WiFi, I would think that wouldn't matter, but who knows?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

Stream saver is streaming video over cellular only. If you are having video issues on wifi, it’s not stream saver.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

@Cheechie6789

If you are on wifi, it has nothing to do with at&t cell service. That woukd be your home internet provider.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

4 Messages

I need to disable stream saver, so if anyone knows how to do that or why the option is missing, that would be helpful.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

Again without the name of the plan we cant tell you if you can even turn it off. If your on WiFi that has nothing to do with att or stream saver.