Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
What is happening with 3G?
JennHen's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jul 27, 2016 4:57 AM

No mobile network, phone overheating

My mobile network is not working and is showing a circle with a line through it in the top right instead of the bar icon. Also, my phone keeps getting very hot, but I think it's because it is trying to link to a network. I currently have the phone off but on the charger and it is the normal amount of warm. When messing with it earlier my message kept coming back saying that they cannot be sent. I don't know what to do, should I just seek support from a wireless store?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 y ago

You could try a number of things, such as re-seating your SIM, clearing the cache partition (if you have an Android phone), a soft-reset (several phone types), etc.

With more info, we could try and help you more here, like what happened before it "stopped" working, or was it never working?  What kind of phone?  Any messages or other error codes?

That said, if you have relatively easy access to a store though, and these concepts seem daunting, it's probably easier to just head over there.  They'll probably set you up wiht a new SIM too, a good idea, when this type of behavior is occuring.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

5 y ago

Replacing the sim card may help and is worth a try as its a simple fix.  A corporate store will 

do it free.

If it's a software issue,  two options, factory reset, or having it reflashed at the Samsung Desk at Best Buy may fix it. (Back up your phone )  

If it doesn't, you have a one year warranty.  If you are past the warranty date, then appeal directly to Samsung for replacement.  If their update messed up the phone, they may replace it.

let us know how it turns out.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

My apologies for not being more specific. I have a galaxy s6, had it for about a year. Nothing notable happened prior to me noticing the problem. I plugged it into charge and took the case off to clean it, that's when I felt how hot the phone was. I turned it off to cool it and then when I turned it back on I noticed my service was gone. It came back and let me send a few messages but I was worried it kept getting too hot. I am going to a store today because about the only solution I know is restarting a phone. Haha

I will let you know the diagnosis and mark as solved! Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I've actually had similar problems since taking the July update. I have a S6 edge and after the update I have had a huge drop in signal strength as well as crappy battery performance (like pre marshmallow).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the help. I went to a store today, they tried a new sim card and other means. I am past my warrenty by 35 days. The guy at the store recommended that I call Att warrenty dept. because maybe they might be able to help. The phone support person tried to help me over the phone by sending txt messages to see what he could do. I did not recieve his messages and according to what he could see, everything indicated that it was in working order.  They said they are very strict with their warrenties so he was unable to be leniant even though my warrenty had just expired. So, I ended up going back to the store and got a new S7 with the Next 30 month plan. I also am going to start paying for the insurance as this experince taught me my lesson. haha 

Thank you everyone for your help once again!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.