Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
GFUR23J's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sat, Apr 27, 2019 10:19 PM

No mobile data on international unlocked Galaxy S10e

I recently activated a new international unlocked S10e at a retail store. I checked in advance and understood it to be simple to activate. It's a dual SIM model with only SIM1 installed (a new one). Voice and SMS work fine, but MMS and mobile data do not work at all. WiFi data is fine. Only mobile data is failing. I get the 4-bars showing network strength, but no LTE or other indicators. The phone has traveled 400 miles and has been consistent in working in this fashion.

I've had a couple of tech support calls and have reconfigured some of the APN information + lots of reboots. Ticket was escalated and they checked the configuration on the back-end. I'm told "it should work" but now they are now pretty much done trying to fix it. I plan to have the SIM replaced as a last ditch.

I have tried reconfiguring APN for "phone" instead of NXTGENPHONE and I can get data over H+ so something is working. But I prefer to get it working as it should, or otherwise I will be forced to try an alternate carrier or return the phone. I'm not sure if it's a common problem with the new S10s, an international/AT&T mis-match, or a simple configuration issue. Anyone seen this before? Thanks for any help.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

2 y ago

You need the imei of a att branded phone on the account.  Not the imei of the s10

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

2 y ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 

@lizdance40 

I very much apologize for not providing a report-back sooner. I was busy and did nothing for a couple of months, and then I had a couple of hours free while traveling in CT. I went to Best Buy to pick up an AT&T pre-paid phone to jump-start my SIM. They helped me fix the issue in the store.

An employee at the BB was curious about why it wouldn't work right and offered to use a demo phone in the store to get on the network rather than making me buy a new phone. He tried 3 phones but they were all in store demo-mode so it was difficult to see if anything was working properly (reboot, disable WIFI, toggle airplane mode, check the mobile settings, connects to network, no data apps work). I left without progress and a pre-paid phone in my shopping bag.

A day later, I look at the S10e and see it magically and happily running in 4G! So wow... up and running! The SIM swap worked as you described. Return the un-opened pre-paid and I'm done with this. Just in time for 5G to come along. 🙂

Thanks for your help on this. Phone works as it should have all along. I hope this thread helps someone else too.

And thanks for nothing AT&T. AT&T could have fixed this the same way, in-store, at the time of activation -- but instead sent me packing. I'll switch carriers as soon as it is convenient to.

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

i spent three days with identical problem. Neither Samsung nor AT&T support helped after hours and hours of 3 days on the phone and no solution I found worked on the internet. In the end I went to an AT&T store and the local rep says he sees this with dozens of Samsung phones. He fixed it in 30 seconds flat by putting in the IMEI # of his own phone and just changing one digit and BOOM. I had LTE data perfectly after a phone cycle. See if you can get someone to do that at AT&T. worked for me

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.