For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
SBlizz's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 10:04 PM

New Samsung Galaxy S6 fails to send text messages

I just "updated" from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to the new S6. Now when I go to send a text message, at least half the time it fails to send. I have full service and I've tried restarting and powering off, waiting for a few minutes and starting up again. Nothing has solved the problem. So frustrating.

Anyone got a fix?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @SBlizz

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing SMS failures on your new S6. I’d be happy to help! Can you please answer the following questions so we may get to the bottom of this together?

• Do any network icons show? 3G / 4G / LTE
  • What happens if you try to send a text with the word TEST to 151?
  • Is this happening all the time, or to certain contacts?
  • Happening everywhere, or specific locations?
  • Does this occur in other messaging apps such as Messenger by Google Inc.? (available for free on Play Store)

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just bought my S6 not too long ago as well. Switched from an IPhone 5 to the Galaxy S6 & have been having so many problems with sending my text messages. I've turned off & canceled my imessages, but still have issues with sending a text & the person I send it to actually receiving it. I called att but nothing was really ever resolved. This is beyond frustrating!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I used to have an S3 and it had no problems with texting. I like being able to check my pulse etc but not being able to send a text message makes me want to stomp on my S6. So frustrating. I spent an hour and a half yesterday with Samsung tech support and the only result was I found it texts when in safe mode. I spent an hour on the phone with AT&TT&T tech support for no result. I think I'll take it back and get an S5 or Nexus.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm also having issues, but with service in general. It's like my device will work on some towers, but not others. This only started happening a couple of days ago though.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Me too. Same everything. Please help. Can't even seem to post this without tech errors......so freaking frustrated. Help?!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi rschill, 
After 5 calls to tech support I think it got resolved. They passed the case onto their advanced tech support team who assigned a case number. The next day I jumped on the WiFi network at work an my phone downloaded an update from AT&T and the problem seems to be fixed. 

I hope this helps. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I recently switched from iphone to samsung Galaxy S6 and has had so much problems with it. I was not able to use it for couple of weeks because of poor reception. Acquired a microcell and it worked for a week but back to square one. Cannot send messages all day today. No 4G, just wifi. My old iphone is still active and seriously considering switching back to it or leave ATT after 31 yrs. No one else in household having problems. They also dont use Samsung😤

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Why my galaxy s6 active will not send a text message

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same trouble. Will spend hours trying to send texts, to different contacts. I can be at work, home, in my car, doesn't matter, they will randomly not send. I have tried restarting phone, taken out battery, sim card etc. Nothing has helped. Been with AT&T for 20 years but this is my last contract if things don't change. Verizon seems to never have poor service. Waiting on hold for an hour...no thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I had the S5 active and loved it. I got my S6 active about a month ago and it just started having problems last night. Both people I tried to text were IPhone users, I'm not sure if that matters. Going to see what I can get done.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.