The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
RMC_SS_LDO's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, May 29th, 2017 7:24 PM

New S8, no 7.1.1 update. Is this normal for AT&T? Return it?

Just upgraded to an shiny new Galaxy S8 yesterday (old phone wouldn't last through lunch) and still getting to know it.

My question and frustration is the availability of Nougat 7.1.1 (or .2) on AT&T. Is there an issue with my handset or is 7.1.1 not available? Hard to believe it's not available since the update for the S8 was publicly announced 2 months ago (in March). My phone did an update yesterday but only installed security updates from April

I went with Samsung in the hope that updates would be more timely and stuck with AT&T since I've been with them since the pre-Cingular days but wondering if I've made a mistake on both fronts.

What is the status of Android updates for the S8 (yes, the newest flagship AT&T offers) to bring it current? 

Allen

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

WOW, PRE-CINGULAR DAYS? I thought I was the only one alive still, with AT&T Wireless from back then. Yes, it's disappointing that in these days of technology there is NO Android Update. I'm in the same boat feeling left out after being told that I'm a VALUED customer. Halloween is next week, maybe they throw us a big treat by then. I have 3 phones on my plan, 1 iOS. Apple's upgrades are exemplary.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Alan, EXCELLENT correspondence, I thank you for your precise draft. An engineer couldn't had done it better. The Samsung Galaxy S8 thanks you.

- Kirk

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.