For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
HRPuckinfutz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 13th, 2014 9:12 AM

New MicroSIM

I work in Afghanistan and upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, but my soon to be ex-wife decided to steal the phone for herself rather than send it to me.  I have my old Samsung Evergreen with the full size SIM card in it.  I need to know how I can purchase a microsim for my S4 from Afghanistan.  The only instruction I can find on the ATT site is to go to the ATT store, but I have no desire to go to Kabul and I doubt there is an ATT store there anyway.  Can I purchase a microsim from the ATT online site? Can I buy it in Dubai?  I will be passing through there shortly.  Can I cut down my old full sized SIM and use it?  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

HRPuckinfutz,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you do plan to use a phone internationally, we would suggest confirming the device is unlocked if you are using a foreign carrier.

We would suggest checking with carriers in the region since some might be able to provide the correct SIM to use within their network. Unfortunately, we would not have more information on foreign carriers. 

Thank you,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.