Troubleshoot your device issues
B

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 20, 2022 1:00 PM

Network mode not showing for 5G

I bought my phone from ATT samsung s21 ultra 5g and love the phone. And I signed up for the Elite unlimited plan for 5G. Now I want to make sure my phone will use 5G when in an area that it is avaialble. So I googled it and went to Settings - connections - mobile networks but there is no Network mode listed.  Why is it not listed and how do I fix it ? I want to make sure I'm ready to use 5G when ever I' in an area that has it. I checked the ATT 5G coverage map and it said that my address was listed as having 5G. Yet when I take my phone off wifi all I get is 4G LTE. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3分前

I left Mint and joined ATT with my Moto Edge. Only after signing up I learned ATT blocks unlocked phones from getting 5G. Finally upgraded to the S22 Ultra trading an S7. Popped in the 5G sim from my Edge into the S22U and still not getting 5G, so for the millionth time I have to reach out to ATT in this whole process. ATT Online Chat is pretty terrible. And now I'm learning there's an issue running Android Auto with the S22 and Pioneer head units. I'm sure neither side will every put out an update and just blame each other for the issue. 

I'm convinced that ATT Online Chat reps don't really know anything. They probably just follow index cards. They screwed up my phone order, they never added my trade in phone, they told me I'm getting free Buds 2 which I didn't get, they told me that my next bill will have the credits when it really takes 1-2 cycles...they just give bad information. 

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

3分前

Update:

It was not the SIM. The AT&T sales tech, who switched us to the 5G plan for all phones, did not switch one of the upgraded phones to that plan. After a trip to the AT&T store to fix the "faulty SIM", they discovered that that did not work either and they discovered the error of not switching that phone number to a 5G plan.

Not hardware.

Not software.

Clerical error.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.