The Samsung Galaxy S24
ErikR's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 9:44 PM

Need Network Unlock Help

Hey, 

I just bought an S22 on Amazon, it was listed as "used - new condition"  and locked to AT&T. I figured that I could use the network unlock service upon delivery to switch to my current provider. However, when entering the IMEI number the AT&T portal gives an error message asking for the phone to be paid off first. I do not have an AT&T account and have never had one, so I assume the previous owner sold their unpaid phone. I reached out to the seller on Amazon today for the phone's history or an unlock code, I don't expect much because they are a wholesale company and not the previous owner. I don't know what to do other than return it, but that seems like a huge waste of a perfectly working phone. Is there a way to fix this, a service number, or could my local AT&T store unlock it? 

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

3 months ago

No one can fix it for you.  The phone needs to paid off to be unlock eligible.  You can’t pay it off because you don’t have the account info, and AT&T isn’t going to give you the info for someone else’s account.  Calling or going into a store won’t change anything.  Get your money back from the seller.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.