The Samsung Galaxy S24
tben01's profile

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2016 3:44 PM

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Can someone please tell me when AT&T will release Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? It seems like all other major carriers have already done so. I know AT&T is always the last to release updates, but I just need to have an idea when it might do so.

Thabnk you.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@tben01

depends on how you look at it.  My edge+ runs fine on 5.1.1.  I can wait for the update but then again I have phones on Marshmallow and a phone on android N that I can play with but my daily driver is the edge+ because of samsung pay.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@tben01

Here is ATT's offical statment they cut and paste so heck I might as well

Thank you for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations waiting on the Marshmallow update.

Right now, AT&T is working hard to make Marshmallow available for as many Android devices as possible.

We conduct more testing on OS updates before release than other carriers to ensure our customers continue to have a great experience with our network and services.
As a rule, we generally do not post information on device updates until the day of release and are unable to forecast availability of any OS update.

Rest assured when available, you will receive an over the air notification on your device with step-by-step instructions to update your software.

Regards,
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

😁 ... 😂 ... Lol! Priceless 😊 ... That is exactly how the company would respond 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

This sort of unacceptable behavior will never stop as long as consumers continue to purchase phones sold by companies that permit carriers to take control of the operating system.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

All carrier branded phones lag behind on updates, some phones worse than others, and some carriers slower than others.  This sort of unacceptable behavior will never stop as long as consumers continue to purchase phones sold by companies that permit carriers to take control of the operating system.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

8 years ago

Well said @Lilybell2.   Speak with your wallet.  Buy a Nexus or Moto pure so Samsung and ATT gets the message. 

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Typical generic statement from a lying representative!!!!

At&t gets its butt kicked by the other carriers every single update. Like I said they just trying to figure out how to tweak MM to place limitations on customers. BUNCH OF LIARS!!!!

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

You're right...Samsung is definitely part of the problem. If Samsung didn't allow carriers to tweak software, we wouldn't be in this predicament. However,  the other carriers still managed to release updates within a decent time frame even though they mess around with them too. Samsung definitely put its customers in a compromising podition. I guess it's okay to Samsung if it's ripping some type of benefit from those carriers in return. At the end of the day, they are all in it for one thing: PROFIT......so go figure!

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Any new statements by the PHONY at&t reps?

You see what I did there?....lol

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

ATT is not going to say a word.  even when its released.  The LG v10 just got its update change log posted today.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.