Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tben01's profile

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2016 3:44 PM

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Can someone please tell me when AT&T will release Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? It seems like all other major carriers have already done so. I know AT&T is always the last to release updates, but I just need to have an idea when it might do so.

Thabnk you.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Got it on my Edge today in Tn.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Still no note 5 update!!!!!!!

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Got the MM update today and I'm not disappointed. I already noticed a sizable improvement in battery life, which was the primary reason why I wanted the update so bad. It is quite smoove with no lag. I love the new video calling feature and the newly added edge features. It was a long (too long) wait, but my S6 edge is better now. I hope AT&T release MM for the other Galaxy phones soon, so those customers can enjoy it too.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

8 years ago

The battery improvement is the most important part of the update.  So far, I see nothing else worth getting excited about.  The little app mover feature is cute, but it's not stock MM, it's a Samsung twist.  

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

I don't know if it's just me, but my fingerprint scanner is extremely fast now. I also like the fact that I can do more with the edge now. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I have a galaxy s6 edge that I purchased in April 2015. When I go to about device it says mu android OS is 5.02. I've been trying to at least update to 5.1.1 for months now and even time it said software update interrupted. So a several weeks ago I factory restored my phone and put my backup of it on it and when I try to update my phone it says current software up to date and it's not and so this 6.01 update came out and my phone still says the same thing.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Shroymccoy wrote:
I have a galaxy s6 edge that I purchased in April 2015. When I go to about device it says mu android OS is 5.02. I've been trying to at least update to 5.1.1 for months now and even time it said software update interrupted. So a several weeks ago I factory restored my phone and put my backup of it on it and when I try to update my phone it says current software up to date and it's not and so this 6.01 update came out and my phone still says the same thing.

@Shroymccoy

your using the phone on a ATT postpaid account?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Nah I have a 2 year contract with this phone with a monthly billing with my dad's account

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

so your not using it on ATT?  You can always take the phone to a samsung experience center inside a best buy and they can flash it for you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

i am using att
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.