Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tben01's profile

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2016 3:44 PM

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Can someone please tell me when AT&T will release Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? It seems like all other major carriers have already done so. I know AT&T is always the last to release updates, but I just need to have an idea when it might do so.

Thabnk you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Samsung released the marshmallow update in February. My friend on t-mobile has it. As far as I can tell, every other carriers has received it. Why am I still waiting.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-offers-android-6-0-marshmallow-update-for-galaxy-devices

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

I wonder if some of the guys in this forum who were defending the good folks at at&t as if they were just taking their time to deliver a polished MM update still think so....lol

If indeed that's what they are doing, I must say that they are very incompetent.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Why do you say that? The builds I'm running are rock solid. I have no idea why they have not released it but all 5 of the phones in the house on mm are seeing a 25 to 30% increase in battery life.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

I was just being sarcastic man. I know they have everything ready. As only at&t would do, they just waiving a big middle finger at their customers' faces. Remember, not everybody can flash their own device. It's a good thing you're able to do it, but it fails everytime I try, even though I perfectly follow the direction.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My at&t galaxy 6s edge is NOW updating with Marshmellow. 1514MB file as I write. 11:31am 5/17/2016 NJ.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Both Android Central and Droid Life reported ealier today that at&t has finally released MM for the S6, but they did not mension the S6 edge. I just checked and my S6 edge, but I didn't see any update. Can somebody please enlighten me?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Well,
I am still currently downloading the 1514Meg file now.. the AT&T server or whomever this download is coming from is
pretty slow. I went home on my lunch hour and my 50mbps connection did not speed up the download.
Samsung -SM - G925A. now at 996MB/1540.50MB.
Central NJ

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@gmillnj

remember how many people are downloading.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@tben01 wrote:

Both Android Central and Droid Life reported ealier today that at&t has finally released MM for the S6, but they did not mension the S6 edge. I just checked and my S6 edge, but I didn't see any update. Can somebody please enlighten me?

@tben01

its released for the s6 edge...  you may just have to wait in line for a little while.  I am sure the update server is getting hammered.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How about the S6 Edge+???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.