Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tben01's profile

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2016 3:44 PM

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Can someone please tell me when AT&T will release Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? It seems like all other major carriers have already done so. I know AT&T is always the last to release updates, but I just need to have an idea when it might do so.

Thabnk you.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Have not had contract for years.  Just bought a good Used S7 that looks NEW for about $500.  Cheaper than AT&T.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 I don't know where you got that figure, but i'm not ready to accept it yet....lol

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, but you have to realize that Samsung have had shares that are bigger than HTC and LG combined over the last few years. If Samsung decides to stop making smartphones, most of these shares will go to Apple as most of its cuntomers would likely switch to iPhone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@tben01 wrote:

Yeah, but you have to realize that Samsung have had shares that are bigger than HTC and LG combined over the last few years. If Samsung decides to stop making smartphones, most of these shares will go to Apple as most of its cuntomers would likely switch to iPhone.

you need to realize there is more to smartphones than the brands in the united states.  In the usa apple and android are at a dead heat.  the rest of the world does not like apple for the most part because of price.  That other brands is telling since there are many.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Another slap in the face as Att release HTC m8 & m9 marshmallow update tomorrow

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Downloading Marshmallow now for my M8 ... File size is 1gig so it's gonna take awhile, but I'll let y'all know what I think once I've gotten the chance to play with it a bit.  

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@Bfloyd13

I know it seems like that, but I look at it as you guys aren't very far behind us at all now.  😊

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello,

What is the schedule for this? Supposed to have enhanced battery features.

Thanks,

Gary

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

See this topic for Marshmallow update information and discussion.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.