Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
taliawhite

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tue, Apr 19, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When will AT&T be pushing the Marshmallow Update for the Galaxy Note 5?
Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

AT&T provides no advance notifications for updates. 

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MAllow

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

5 years ago

I have a family member with that phone and there has been no update as of this morning. LG hasnt released any updates for my LG G3 aswell since last july. It is a waiting game as for they do not list their schedules for updates unfortunately. GSM says it is upgradable http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note5-7431.php

morechof

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

It seems odd that ATT has not released Marshmallow for the Note 5. I know ATT will not disclose it plans for the OS release, however, it is very frustrating to not know a release date. A beta release was released in February.

It is about time ATT published release schedules. It is also about time the OS is released for Note 5. Most other carriers have done so. Usually ATT is first, but this time Verizon beat ATT by more than a month.

Mike 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When will my note 5 get marshmallow

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hey @morechof

AT&T is working hard to make the Marshmallow update available for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 device as quickly as possible.

Often, we conduct more testing on OS updates before release than other carriers to ensure our customers continue to have a great experience with our network and services.

As a rule, we generally do not post information on device updates until the day of release and are unable to forecast availability of any OS update. Rest assured when available, you will receive an over the air notification on your device with step-by-step instructions to update your software.

We appreciate your continued business at AT&T!
~Tim J AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

394 Messages

5 years ago

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Scooby6512!

Thanks for posting your question.

AT&T is working hard to make the Marshmallow update available for as many Android devices as possible. We conduct extensive testing on OS updates before releasing to ensure our customers continue to have a great experience with our network and services.

As a rule, we generally do not post information on device updates until the day of release and are unable to forecast availability of any OS update.

Rest assured when available, you will receive a notification on your device with step-by-step instructions to update your software.

We appreciate your continued business with AT&T!
- Spencer O AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

While not a resolution (yet), this appears to be the best customer response that I have seen on the matter - thank you!

+ You state you are working hard to make the update available

+ Extensive testing being conducted 

+ Notification to be sent

- From a customer standpoint though, it really has taken too long for the update. I'm uncertain now whether I will renew with AT&T when my contract is up. This is specifically due to how long it is taking to update my flagship product. Marshmallow released in Oct. of last year; it's April 2016.

While my primary concern is around device security, I'm also waiting to make good use of the new features in Marshmallow that have already been made available across other major U.S. carriers.

Moving forward, AT&T simply must do a better job with the upgrade cycle. It would be foolhardy to underestimate customer loss due to poor response. I certainly expect more from you as my carrier.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Honestly im sick of waiting, they take months just to load some crap apps that are disabled the same day of purchased by customers.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

5 years ago

Not months.   Barely weeks.  Android 6 started rolling out early this month for the Note 5  in other countries and hit Verizon a week ago and T-mobile just end of last week.  

Phones like the Google Nexus 6p (which I have) had it last fall, and yes it's pretty awesome. 

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/04/14/samsung-galaxy-note-5-marshmallow-release-details/

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah but they dont have to be last all the times, dont be defensive.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

5 years ago

Verizon and ATT take turns.  Sometime ATT is last releasing for a device, sometimes Verizon is last.   Because they both have significant carrier software, it takes time to test before release.

My response was based on facts, not the least defensive, which is why I added the link so you have an actual timeline for when the software was released for android and when it's been released for your device.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question