The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Just came out , downloading it right now! Just another patch/security update.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Nevermind it's only 77 MB, must be another security patch 😞

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

It's funny they post this in the att forum with a green check mark saying "solved"... Nothing is solved, all that att has done is say, I don't care, keep waiting. It's like the south Park episode about the cable companies rubbing their nipples in enjoyment when the customers complained. All att answers are the warm fuzzy answers, nothing that fixes issues that have existed for the last couple years such as swiftly updating your paying customers. Att thanks to you I'm going back to Apple products because lollipop was a terrible os on the note 4 and google and Samsung support this level of consistent ignorance. All att does well is coverage area, that's so far it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I just want to know an ETA of when the marshmallow update for the Note 5 comes out because I'm going on vacation in a week and I would like to update it before then because I will not have any access to Wi-Fi on my vacation

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

There isn't an ETA. The day it's released is when the notification goes out.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I dont understand why AT&T doesnt stand up and say "We are Sorry it is taking us FOREVER to update the Note 5 , the most expensive and best phone we sell and the udpate should be out on this date" but no they just make people wait and wonder and then screw us over by making it longer and longer without telling anything and everyone have to read all over the net about the info instead of one place with the answers.. 

This is why I want to look for another phone but love the SCREEN and the Camera on the Note 5. I never use the pen or whatever you call it but you cant buy a phone with that screen and camera on it unless you buy the Note.. Then you are screwed by waiting for updates and all the STUPID BLOATWARE that AT&T has to put on it. 

Get with the times AT&T.... 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@PDConner wrote:

I dont understand why AT&T doesnt stand up and say "We are Sorry it is taking us FOREVER to update the Note 5 , the most expensive and best phone we sell and the udpate should be out on this date" but no they just make people wait and wonder and then screw us over by making it longer and longer without telling anything and everyone have to read all over the net about the info instead of one place with the answers.. 

This is why I want to look for another phone but love the SCREEN and the Camera on the Note 5. I never use the pen or whatever you call it but you cant buy a phone with that screen and camera on it unless you buy the Note.. Then you are screwed by waiting for updates and all the STUPID BLOATWARE that AT&T has to put on it. 

Get with the times AT&T.... 

sure you can the s6 edge+ is nothing but a note 5 without the spen.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 even s6 edge plus doesn't have marshmallow

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Your right it doesnt. Well some don't...

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

I think you're all missing the point. You might be talking about just the Note 5 or s6 but look at those complaining still about the note 4. This issue isn't just from this year. It is every single time there's an update. So all of you upset with the Note 5 and the S6 should take a lesson from those with the Note 4 and realize if they treat you bad right now imagine how bad they'll treat you next year.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.