Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
taliawhite

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tue, Apr 19, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Responses

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there @Heartbeat5,

Thank you for posting your question. Right now the newest update for the Note 5 is Android version: 5.1.1 which was released on March the 9th.

At this time we don’t have a release date for Marshmallow, but rest assured once released your Note 5 will receive the update.

Regards,

-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager           

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When the marshmallow update coming to note 5? When do you release?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

Att does not release software update schedules.  so it will come out its just a matter of when.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is getting very frustrating at this point.... Verizon has already released their OTA update. When will this be released for the note 5!? Just another way Verizons got att beat! Very sick of Att and their unhelpful customer service.
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

This has been a valid complaint against ATT for a long time. So why haven't you switched to Verizon before now? With the offer to pay off any Next installment up to $350 as well as ETF's, it won't cost you much, if anything. So what is it about Verizon that keeps you from switching? Just curious.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

When will AT&T release Android 6.0 for Samsung Note 5
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Asked and answered a dozen times. Check the forum for previous answers to your question.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Would appreciate a link to the "answer", as I searched the forums prior to this posting and saw no schedule for release of Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I just purchased in October.

Thank you for your assistance,

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Would appreciate a link to the "answer", as I searched the forums prior to this posting and saw no schedule for release of Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I just purchased in October.

Thank you for your assistance,

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

@gjturner1

There is no real answer since ATT does not release update schedules.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Trying to understand why I should concider upgrading to a Galaxy S7 with At&t, since having a note 5 for three months resulted in a bad device that was attempted to be replaced with a refurbished one. And still remains 6 moths behind the industry for the Marshmallow update. Would this continue to remain the issue with an S7 as well. Is there any systems in place to keep the ATT Samsung pairing as current as the other carriers? Perhaps you can explain the reasons to continue a relationship with ATT and Samsung with this upgrade?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Will it be before or after "N" is released?

Scholar

• 

394 Messages

5 years ago

Apple is best for Updates because it comes from them and not carrier after they put all their Bloatware into updates and have to get them to run in it.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Tailgunner747

no NEXUS DEVICES ARE BEST.  There android updates come from google directly.  I can do without fruit on my phone.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @H8youATandT !

Thanks for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with device updates.

We work hard to ensure all updates are fully tested before releasing them to our customers.

AT&T does more testing before releasing updates than other carriers to ensure we minimize post installation issues as much as possible.

Based on overall coverage in the U.S., AT&T has the nation’s largest network. AT&T connects to your home, cars, devices entertainment, friends and family. These are just a few of the reasons we hope you continue to do business with us.

Hope this helps,
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question