Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
taliawhite

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tue, Apr 19, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why is it forcing me to update to Marshmallow? I'm enjoying Lollipop and don't want my device to become sludge after this complete overhaul of an update?
lcalle

Guru

• 

629 Messages

4 years ago

@ftroiani

ATT allows for three refusals of an update before it is pushed automatically to your device.  I've been running Marshmallow for about a month on my HTC and, believe me when I say, it hasn't become "sludge " since the update.  The layout took a little bit of getting used to, but performance has been greatly improved, particularly in the battery life department.  Nowadays, updates are becoming crucial if for the simple reason that they will, usually, contain important security patches.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Marshmellow has better security a much better email app if you don't use
gmail, plus much better battery managment. This goes on but those were some
of the reason many think it's great.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

July 5th still no marshmellow.  I check everyday and it says its up to date on 5.1.1.  How can I force my note 5 to get the update? Not rooted or anything like that at all.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

4 years ago

@ninjapowers wrote:

July 5th still no marshmellow.  I check everyday and it says its up to date on 5.1.1.  How can I force my note 5 to get the update? Not rooted or anything like that at all.

@ninjapowers

you can factory reset and see if that will trigger it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

That was kind of a last resort option. What are the chances it will actually work?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Did the factory reset, and exectly what I didn't want to happen happened.  So now it's reset and it still does not get the update.  Check and it says it's up to date on 5.1.1.

What else can I possibly do to get the update?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Your phone is messed up or something
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

4 years ago

Give it time it's not going to register instantly.  You can take it to best buy and have them flash it.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Oh ok.  If I give it time, what's a reasonable amount of time to wait?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Reset your phone

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

It's been reset for a few hours now and it's still not updating.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Try kies or call 611

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

You might have to take it to an at&t store and have them do it very strange
my update happened about 2 weeks ago, sorry this happening it sucks
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

4 years ago

Kies or smart switch don't work with att updates. Just take the phone to a Samsung experience center in a best buy and have them flash it. That's what they are paid to do by samsung.

Get started...

Ask a new question