The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Always or usually very Slow to also.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

When will the note 5 start getting the marshmallow update?

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

8 years ago

This is less of a question and more of a sharing of new knowledge...  I was just on chat with a rep that seemed very much savvy with things... and he told me that on the homepage of their knowledge base saying to prepare for Marshmallow's release this month so that they can get ready to do any troubleshooting for the software update.  He said that it will first be released to certain devices, and that since the Galaxy S6 and Note 5 are the ones that are known to already have the update on other carriers, he bets it'll be them.  This in addition to the fact that Jellybean, Kitkat, and Lolipop all released near the end of their respective months (I recall Lolipop 5.1.1 released on September 25th for the S6), so following patterns would make sense.  

http://imgur.com/oIJnXd4

http://imgur.com/cs1kMYM

Ha, and don't forget the S6 just got a security update on March 3rd.  I believe the Note 5 got one last week too?  And I also heard a random rumor from another person who chatted with a rep saying that the release should be on March 24th.  

Now all these things individually should be taken with a grain of salt, but together... well, they should still be taken with a grain of salt.  But at least together they sound more likely!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

When will it be available for at&t

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

No one knows for sure as ATT does not release update schedules.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @Heartbeat5,

Thank you for posting your question. Right now the newest update for the Note 5 is Android version: 5.1.1 which was released on March the 9th.

At this time we don’t have a release date for Marshmallow, but rest assured once released your Note 5 will receive the update.

Regards,

-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager           

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

When the marshmallow update coming to note 5? When do you release?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Att does not release software update schedules.  so it will come out its just a matter of when.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This is getting very frustrating at this point.... Verizon has already released their OTA update. When will this be released for the note 5!? Just another way Verizons got att beat! Very sick of Att and their unhelpful customer service.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

This has been a valid complaint against ATT for a long time. So why haven't you switched to Verizon before now? With the offer to pay off any Next installment up to $350 as well as ETF's, it won't cost you much, if anything. So what is it about Verizon that keeps you from switching? Just curious.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.