The Samsung Galaxy S24
D

• 

30 Messages

Thursday, August 6th, 2020 7:16 AM

Looking for a replacement Battery

Yesterday at ATT store I asked for a replacement battery for a phone I purchased about 14 months ago, the only option by ATT was to get a new phone for an additional 400$.  Now I ended up paying within 14 months 800$ for a phone? After several decades with ATT I cannot call this a good service but a sting.

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

What is the easiest way to cancel the order for the phone?  I rather purchase the battery from an outside supplier.

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

My second phone is equally useless.  I asked for a solution but none was offered other than to buy another one.  Is this a joke?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Contact AT&T (call or chat). This is a customer populated forum 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

At&t doesn’t repair or sell parts or even manufacture phones. If they are broken contact the manufacturer or have them repaired elsewhere. 

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

The phone never worked well but during the pandemic, before warranty expiration it stopped retaining charge.  ITT does not manufacture and does not warrant what they sell at very high prices!

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

ATT should not be in the business of selling phones if they have no intention to provide good service to those who fall in the trap of buying what they sell.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

After 14months? No even if your phone has a 2 year warranty that’s a manufacturer warranty not At&t. Bestbuy doesn’t warranty phones unless they break within the return period same as At&t. And T-Mobile and Verizon  also if it’s an iPhone then At&t is contractually forbidden to warranty or repair them 

(edited)

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Congress should not give money to ATT for Covid, they are profiting by increasing their sales and washing their hands.

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

As it looks I will have no option than to purchase the phone outside ATT I wonder if Costco MAX + Protection Plan is good.  They say if the battery is no longer available they will replace the unit.  I do not know if the battery is still available and do not want to go fishing on a mall for a replacement.

Any comments from not ATT employees?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

4 years ago

@davilara 

Did you not read the other responses? AT&T, OR ANY OTHER WIRELESS PROVIDER, DOES NOT SERVICE THE PHONES THAT THEY SELL. They will replace them within the buyers remorse period, but after that, you must contact the manufacturer for repairs. If they are out of warranty, you can contact a company that repairs phones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.