For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
casper26's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 19th, 2015 6:58 PM

Latest Pushed Samsung update

This is a travesty. Seeing problems all over the internet. How can a company release an update with a major flaw and they haven't noticed it before? The GPS is now Location. My battery started draining in just a few hours. Then I noticed Location was coming on ALL BY ITSELF even though I had completely turned it off on the device. OF course my battery is draining. WHAT ifs turning on my location even when I have location services turned off!!! I already did the SAFE MODE thing, turned off sync and ask the other stuff people have suggested. I bet a lot off people don't even know Location is turning itself on! I also un installed Google Play Services because that seemed to have something to do with it. Now GPS and Location seen to have been linked. If you f turn location off on your device it should be OFF!!!

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Device Name?

OS version?

Screen shots of Location being turned on, in what App?

Just a little bit of information might help here.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @casper26  Thanks for posting your Samsung update concerns.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having the issue with the Location services. Since you’ve already put the phone into safe mode  and the issue persists, I would recommend at this point doing a factory reset on the phone. Please ensure the phone is backed up. You can find the steps at www.att.com/devicehowto Selecting the make and model of the phone on the left, selecting troubleshooting on the left drop down, then selecting reset device. 

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.