Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
B

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 8:15 PM

Is it possible to Turn off 5g on samsung s10+

When I'm I. Certain areas my phone shows 5g and the phone slows down to what I would say is 2g or slower.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42K Messages

7 months ago

You don’t have 5G. What you are seeing is 5Ge which is enhanced LTE, not 5G. You can turn LTE off.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

How is LTE turned off
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

Actually you can't turn LTE off now. They removed that feature when VoLTE became the thing they are pushing.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

7 months ago

Hello,

The 2G Network was closed down a while back, so it would be between 3G, 4G or 5GE (LTE). Some markets have 5G (see here: https://about.att.com/story/2019/att_5g_leadership.html).

See here for full details on how 5G functionality works on Samsung devices: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01201206/

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

6 Messages

LTE can Still be turned off if your device allows it and in some cases your 4G speed could be faster. 3G sunset is scheduled for February 2022, I would imagine at that time the feature to disable LTE will be removed as all voice communication will be over HD Voice.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@Texsas4ever From what my test devices look like anything with android 10 can't be turned off easy like a slider or other button. It can be turned off in the hidden menus.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@Texsas4ever

I have no idea where you got 2020 from but its early 2022...

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

• 

6 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 looks like it just might be an iOS feature. iOS 13.3.1 still allows you to turn off LTE.

• 

1 Message

How?

Get started...

Ask a new question