Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
ng4ever

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Thu, Apr 9, 2020 12:00 AM

If buy a new unlocked smartphone from Bestbuy.com right now can I bring it to a AT&T store and have this do this for free ?

If buy a new unlocked smartphone from Bestbuy.com right now can I bring it to a AT&T store and have them transfer my data from my old phone to my new phone for free ? I am a AT&T wireless customer already.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 months ago

Yes, but no. (By that I mean you can buy an unlocked phone, but this is not considered urgent and AT&T will not transfer your data)

There is absolutely no reason you need AT&T to transfer your data for you, and that is one of the things that they absolutely will not do in the store right now.

Stores are only handling urgent services, things customers cannot do for themselves. There is absolutely no reason that any customer should not know how to transfer data from one device to another.

If you don't, consider this a "teach a man to fish" lesson and we will help you. Once you have purchased a phone, just come back to the Forum let us know which phone you've purchased, which phone you are replacing, and someone will be happy to walk you through it.
In the meantime, on your current phone make sure everything is set to back up to your Gmail/google account.
If you have photos or music, that can be backed up to Google photo and Google Drive - add those apps to your phone and set to back up.

It is very likely that most of your data can be transferred over between phones without concern for a backup. But if you should ever lose your phone you should know how to backup your phone to a safe cloud service so that you don't lose information.

More ...

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
ng4ever

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Thank you!

Greatly appreciated.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

Don't be afraid to holler back on the Forum, or use Google. Lots of great resources for you

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 months ago

But ice thing about Android smartphones, is as soon as you start up a new phone it will prompt you to transfer data from your previous device and we'll give you some options to do so.
Many Samsung smartphones come with a cable connector especially made to do this, but they are not required, as many phones do this beautifully with a wireless connection

https://www.easycodeway.com/2016/08/transfer-files-between-two-android-phones.html?m=1

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 months ago

https://techboomers.com/transfer-data-from-old-to-new-android