Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
sampgoogly's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 5:23 AM

I dont have option to change my mobile network to 3g/2g/4g -

Hi , 

I am in Bangladesh . And here i need to switch back on 3g but in my samsung note10+ i dont have this option avialable like others have. What can i do . 

but I need this option thats shown in image below which is missing 
joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

896 Messages

2 months ago

@sampgoogly 

AT&T does not provide service in Bangladesh.  Did you somehow end up with an AT&T branded phone there?

Why do you need to force only 3G on the phone?  The phone is set to pick up whatever network service is available as long as it's on the frequencies that the phone actually recognizes and supports. 

For 3G, the Note 10+ is rather limited in band support, and it's entirely possible that whatever carrier you are trying to use doesn't use the same bands for 3G that your phone uses.  So, forcing the phone to only 3G bands wouldn't make any difference.

What carrier are you trying to use it on?

As to the question of the network selection setting - AT&T hides that section in Settings on all of their phones.  But, there is an app in the Google Play store called Samsung Band Selection that will unhide that page.  You can then set it to only 3G there if you wish.  But I don't think it will do any good in your case.  I think the carrier uses different 3G bands than what your phone uses.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

@joeldf

Basically my cousin bought the phone from USA for me and sended over here. In Bangladesh 3g networks only works fine others like 4g still not available everywhere and about 5g ?? its  a dream ! I am using Airtel sim . So i am so dissapoint to hear that At&T dont have that option. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.