Troubleshoot your device issues
Lee_Melone's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Sep 17, 2017 8:42 PM

How do you send MMS instead of SMS?

How can I configure my Galaxy S7 to format longer messages (160+ characters) as an MMS instead of an SMS message so my messages aren't broken into multiple messages? My Galaxy S3 was configured that way, but I can't seem to find the correct setting on my S7.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 y ago

My Galaxy S7 always splits my SMS messages into multiple messages if they are over 160 characters, but why does adding an emoji cause the problem to me worse? I sent my son a message where the counter said "22/2" indicating that there was 22 characters left in the 2nd message. I sent the message and it was delivered as two messages. I then sent the exact same text, and added a single emoji from the standard emojis provided by the app, and the counter changed to "49/5" and the message was delivered as five separate small messages. Everyone complains because my messages cause their phones to go nuts when so many messages arrive. How do I stop this from happening?

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

5 y ago

This is SOP   

Sending photos or emoji is sent as MMS.  

SMS the first 'S' is for 'short'.  The limit bring 160 characters.   Anything over that is split. 

FYI. No need to make multiple posts. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.