Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 11, 2018 5:33 AM

HELP!!! I think my phone is hacked!

I own a Samsung Galaxy  S7 Edge and lately I run out of storage alot and my phones screen lights up without being touched at all and there are no new messages or email notifications. Plus I logged on to a social media website and decided to check on my settings, was I ever surprised to find out I  logged in from a city close by the day before . Is there any way of finding out if my my phone has been hacked and can it be corrected?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.4K Messages

2 years ago

Whenever you are connected to Wifi your location will be the ISP, not by GPS.  My Cox ISP is located in Rhode Island but I live in Connecticut 

Hacking the phone would be unusual, but email is common.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en

You might want to turn off the always on or gestures which may turn on the screen when it detects movement or proximity 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I thought of that regarding the site I was on even more strange I hadn't been on that site in awhile. You are right my email I think has been compromised, time to reset and change passwords etc. One of the first things I had done was check my settings but maybe I missed something.

Thank you lizdance40

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

it's unlike to happen but if you have opened phishing mail and login with your email then it might be possible so ASAP change your login password and check for other threats 🙂 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I noticed on mine look at my phone and before I know it it starts going through all these pages go to my email starts looking at my stuff even look at my contacts stuff mind you during this whole time I'm not touching the phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

hi, does anybody know what is going on here, I have completely reset the phone, yet it seems to have a mind of it's own. does any of you clever techy people understand this:

screen shotshttp://idealhomesolutionssouth.co.uk/images/allscreens.jpg 

Any advice wou;d be great, thanks?