Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Sat, May 2, 2015 8:15 AM

Galaxy Tab 4 display frozen, can't swipe or power off

My tablet was working fine last night. this morning when I opened the home screen it did absolutely nothing.  Screen is completely frozen and I get nothing when I swipe.  It also won't let me power it off. The touchscreen is completely unresponsive.  I have rebooted approximately 50 times and when I get to the home screen, nothing happens..At one point the screen said that there was no sim card so I took it out and reinserted and rebooted. It now recognizes the sim card but I am still dead in the water.  Any thoughts?  I would really appreciate some help with this, thank you

Responses

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there! @dsdavis919  Thanks for posting your phone concerns.

I’m sorry to hear that the Galaxy is not responding. I’d recommend trying a factory reset on the device while it’s off and this issue should clear.

If your PC detects the tab, you’ll want to connect it to a USB cable, then drag and drop anything you need backed up to the PC.

To reset the tab while off, please try the following:

With the device off, press and hold the “Volume Up“, “Home“, and “Power” buttons.

Release the buttons when you see the recovery screen and the Samsung logo.

Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select “wipe data / factory reset“. Press “Home” to choose the highlighted selection.

On the next screen, press “Volume Up” to continue.

It will take a few moments for the Samsung screen to show on the device. You will then be prompted though the setup of the Tab.

Thanks!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to try this but the issue is that to do the factory reset the first step states:

"with the device off...", I can't turn off the device.  If I hold down the power key the device reboots to the same screen which won't respond to any touch.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hold down the power and both volume keys to power off...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My galaxy tablet will not turn back on. I tried to reboot it because it was frozen and not it will not completely turn back on. It is stuck on the at&t logo screen.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

On my Samsung galaxy tab 4 the way to fix it is by pressing the power button and the volume down button simultaneously for about 5 to 10 seconds.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

the way to fix a frozen screen is to hold the power button and the down volume button simultaneously. That works for me on my Samsung galaxy tab 4 anyway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

not really if my mom and sister find out i am in deep trouble so plz do what ever you can to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Cant swipe or power off Samsung tab 4.  I've tried holding down power button and volume down button simultaneously.  Didnt work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I followed the step of power and BOTH volumes at the same time, it rebooted and works fine now. Thanks for the tips.

Ps. Can't help wondering why it was working fine one day, the very next it freezes, was totally unresponsive and wouldn't even charge. My device is not even ONE YEAR old! Any insights?

Thanks again 

• 

1 Message

3 weeks ago

Did you ever get it to work again? I also have a tab 4 with the same issues and it's been years since I've touched it but I'd like to use it again, it's basically brand new. I doubt you'll see this; it's been years!

(edited)