The Samsung Galaxy S24
CSay88's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 30th, 2018 3:14 AM

Galaxy S9 Active Release Date

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any updates on when the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is finally going to be released. We had updates on it 2 months ago and that was about it. They've been talking about it and possible releases as far back as March I think. I'm hoping they release it this month sometime. If anyone has any news, even rumor updates on it, please let me know, thanks! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 Do you really think the S9 Active is not coming out at all or this year?  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Bigray222 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 Do you really think the S9 Active is not coming out at all or this year?  

@Bigray222

yelp the s9 sold to poorly and the note 9 is selling well...  And Samsung is not stupid enough to release a flagship phone AFTER the release of the a new iPhone.  Samsung has never really released a flagship device at the end of the year.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

okay thanks for the update because i am deciding if i should wait out to upgrade to the S9 Active or use my upgrade to get the S8 Active. I like Active because it fits my work lifestyle and they work just fine, much appreciated brotha.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

5 years ago

So you can all start speculating if and when they will release an active in 2019, and will they call it an ‘S10 active’. 😂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have been waiting for the SP Active and am getting desperate, my current phone is dying and not sure how much longer I can wait. If I have to, my second choice is the CAT S61 phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If everyone will notice, Samsung has been releasing the Active line later and later every year. Also, the Note has been releasing earlier and earlier each year. They were bound to swap places in release order. Looks like this is the year. I have no doubt that they'll still release an S9 Active.

BUT...if anyone is looking for a great alternative, check out the CAT phones (S61, S41, and S31). Super durable and this year's versions are more up to par with speed and memory. I predict CAT being a new major player in the durable phone market. On the slim chance that Samsung does not release an S9 Active, I'll be going the route of CAT. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

The CAT S61 has a SnapDragon 630 processor...wayyyy behind the S8 Active.

Chris

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

And no advanced features.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

S6 active screen went blank on me... using wifes old s6 edge... at&t store here in phx said late nov.. rep said it comes out later after the note every year... not sure how true that is.. id be surprised if s9 active  even comes out... but its a glimmer of hope.. lol.. gunna ride it out n see if there are some good deals round black friday..

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It's pretty sad that nobody at at&t will get with Samsung & get definitive clarification on if or when the S9 active will come out.  Losing out on sales from customers is not a good business practice. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.