Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Apr 29, 2017 9:54 PM

Galaxy S8+ texting issue

I have a new Galaxy S8+ and am not receiving or able to send text messages to some contacts.  I can get and send to some people but there are some I can not get messages to or get messages from.  I have tried a new SIM card and turning things off and on.  It doesn't matter what the other persons phone is- iPhone or Android.  Also the carrier doesn't seem to matter.  I can get phone calls from those I am not able to get texts from.  Any ideas?

Responses

David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

If your old phone was an iPhone you need to turn off iMessage or deregister from iMessage on the website.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My old phone was a Galaxy S5 actually

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

his old device is an android.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

September 23, 2017.  Samsung s8+ will not text wife's s8+ but she can text me.  Tech support has several issues going on about Samsung Messenger.  When I text her it use to be that I got the circle of death for a second or two.   Now after technical assistance text appears to go through but does not.  I can text othes in my contact list.  Calls and emails no problems.  Technical support said it was a software issure that would have to be resolved.  My phone is one month old.  Texting worked fine for a period of time until it did not.  In reading post through out the interrnet it appears the s8 and s8+ have a text bug.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

September 23, 2017.  Samsung s8+ will not text wife's s8+ but she can text me.  Tech support has several issues going on about Samsung Messenger.  When I text her it use to be that I got the circle of death for a second or two.   Now after technical assistance text appears to go through but does not.  I can text others in my contact list.  Calls and emails no problems.  Technical support said it was a software issues that would have to be resolved.  My phone is one month old.  Texting worked fine for a period of time until it did not.  In reading post through out the internet it appears the s8 and s8+ have a text bug.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Did this ever get resolved? I've had this issue since I bought the phone in May. I've received 5 new phones through insurance trying to fix, new SIM cards, reset phone, deleted contacts, ugh. I've spent HOURS on the phone and in person trying to get help from ATT and Samsung. I'm about to throw the phone out and get an iPhone. No one seems to want to help. 

Get started...

Ask a new question