Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jpakadoura's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Friday, June 23rd, 2017 6:16 PM

(galaxy s8) At&t not getting Bixby voice beta?

It seems all of us who signed up for the early access program have been doofed. We're the only carrier who's users didn't get confirmation emails and enrollment.

Does anyone know why?

Does yesterday's surprise security patch have anything to do with it??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Well that's cool that you got to try it out but some other AT&T customers wanted to try it out as well. I participated in the Nougat beta for the S7 with Sprint and I have to say that Samsung was great as far as actually taking our critiques very seriously. I don't think AT&T participated in that either. I am guessing Bixby will be in beta for a while. I know the nougat update was bigger and more important but we went through 5 or 6 updates and it took a few months for the final release.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Stskotty wrote:
Well that's cool that you got to try it out but some other AT&T customers wanted to try it out as well. I participated in the Nougat beta for the S7 with Sprint and I have to say that Samsung was great as far as actually taking our critiques very seriously. I don't think AT&T participated in that either. I am guessing Bixby will be in beta for a while. I know the nougat update was bigger and more important but we went through 5 or 6 updates and it took a few months for the final release.

@Stskotty

i got to try it out since I have a tmobile s8+ setting at the house also.  I did not get it on my att s8+ which is my daily driver.  As for the nougat beta yes att passed and verizon did one round and left people stranded on beta 1.  ATT has never been big on beta testing products.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Ahhh... I was on Sprint and went through the entire nougat beta and it, for
me, was a great experience. It's not that big of a deal, as I have a
feeling (at this point) that Bixby more than likely won't be all that
useful. I guess when I signed up for this Beta I didn't realize that AT&T
doesn't really opt in on the Beta programs.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Stskotty wrote:
Ahhh... I was on Sprint and went through the entire nougat beta and it, for
me, was a great experience. It's not that big of a deal, as I have a
feeling (at this point) that Bixby more than likely won't be all that
useful. I guess when I signed up for this Beta I didn't realize that AT&T
doesn't really opt in on the Beta programs.

@Stskotty

actually what makes me mad is samsung didnt say it was not for all customers like they did with the nougat beta.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

After having spoken with people from Samsung AND AT&T, it pretty much seems they didn't go for this beta. However they both insist that the final update will not be dependent on carriers, but a Samsung update. And Samsung's people are pretty adamant about it being out by this Friday. I was hearing as early as today, but I feel like that ship has sailed for now.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

still no new news on Bixby voice? I had heard as early as 6-28 but definitely by 6-30, and still I don't have it.......

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Never believe what a rep tells you.. I don't look for it till the note 8 releases. But hey I'm a party pooper.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ok now it's August and still can't use bixby voice . Wft man !! Come on at&t

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Thebreeze1967 wrote:
Ok now it's August and still can't use bixby voice . Wft man !! Come on at&t

@Thebreeze1967

take the phone to a best buy and have the samsung experience center flash the latest update for you.  I have had bixby since it was released when I was on the june security patch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.