AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
DaleDoback's profile
DaleDoback
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thu, Jan 12, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

6 years ago

I think that news was leaked by The Onion, or perhaps brothers Grimm.  

Either way, it's fiction.  

Seems that information was so invalid the link no longer works. 404 error.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I think that news was leaked by The Onion, or perhaps brothers Grimm.  

Either way, it's fiction.  

Seems that information was so invalid the link no longer works. 404 error.

oh it works ...  There is a extra space at the end

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_s7_edge_on_at_t_may_get_nougat_update_in_couple_of_months-news-22864.php

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

That's fine...but I want what Samsung offers...with the option to use something else. I don't like when carriers omit certain features...hate it, actually. I use Google Drive and Dropbox. I don't "need" Samsung Cloud, but I want the option to use it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Looks like my Edge is downloading the update right now too.  It's an AT&T phone and the download has been going on for a long time now.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@GreyW01f wrote:

Looks like my Edge is downloading the update right now too.  It's an AT&T phone and the download has been going on for a long time now.

the phone should have told you what the update was before download.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@RahInGA wrote:

@daledobuck

The Samsung S7 and S7 Edge Software Upgrades are available as others have mentioned.  For more info you can check this out in Device Support:

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1136420/Samsung/SamsungG891A/

@RahInGA

actually you might want to check the 935a and 930a links...  As there are no updates posted for those.  The s7 active is a att exclusive.

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1136420/Samsung/SamsungG891A/

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

6 years ago

@GreyW01f

Your phone will have security updates every month.  A major update to your OS will come with a warning, "stay connected to wifi, you will not be able to use your phones, blah, blah...."

There is no mistaking a security update which takes less than 15 minutes to a major OS update which can take an hour.   

I won't be expecting it until mid summer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

That's what it said "Stay connected and don't power off" but after 3
hours, I forced it off. Now it doesn't recognize there being any
updates. Strange...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have the 930a and there isn't any updates for mine yet.  
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

6 years ago

If ATT was releasing the 7 update today, there would be some media coverage as well as a ton of social media comments by now (noon). I'm pretty confident this is just the Feb security patch. I wouldn't look for 7.0 or 7.0.1 for a couple more months.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.