AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
DaleDoback's profile
DaleDoback
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thu, Jan 12, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@1990chris wrote:
I have my s7 edge  through AT&T  and I still waiting for updateAT&T  says tissue the Samsung  what's holding it. Samsung  says it's Google. Same one is lying to me I seen a lot of phones we got update. And these  phones were  6.0Can somebody answer me what's going and wen thay  standing outside update.I'm tired of that running around

@1990chris

can you please reread what you are posting?  Its hard to read what in the world your talking about.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm reading these threads and the biggest concern is have is that att seem to consistently new the last us carrier to update their devices. Literally almost a year or more after Google releases a software version is when att sends it to customers. I'm wondering why is att always last and why is it so accepted by customers who send their hard earned money to att every month to have to wait almost a year to receive a software update?

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

6 years ago

@1990chris

Why should we rerun it all?  - again - because you don't pay attention, understand or believe what you're being told..  Re read the entire thread. All the correct information is there.  

Or look at historical information...

Each year Samsung releases the newest S series phone in early spring.  Either it comes with new software or is released around the same time.   Months later ATT and Verizon phones start getting the update rolled out.  Right around mid to late summer.  

Nothing can be done to change it.  Just sit back and roll with it. 

This is not a Beta program.  Att did not participate.  You cannot look at Beta program updates, it isn't a final version.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@ELHJ87 wrote:
I'm reading these threads and the biggest concern is have is that att seem to consistently new the last us carrier to update their devices. Literally almost a year or more after Google releases a software version is when att sends it to customers. I'm wondering why is att always last and why is it so accepted by customers who send their hard earned money to att every month to have to wait almost a year to receive a software update?

@ELHJ87

actually that was not always the case.  with MM updates att was last.  But then again they were go living wifi calling with each update.  Is that an excuse no but it does require more testing.  The clock started ticking the day the pixel was released for android 7.0 and december for 7.1.1.  In my eyes wait to update till you have 7.1.1 ready to go as 7.0 had some bugs which is normal in a google release cycle.

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

6 years ago

We shouldn't forget what a mess lollipop was the year before.  Better safe than sorry.

1990chris

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

The s6 just got the update
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@1990chris wrote:
The s6 just got the update

@1990chris

by all means post something like that without a shred of proof..... 

it just got its wifi cert...

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/01/23/galaxy-s6-nougat-release-draws-near-with-wi-fi-certification/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I just got off the phone with AT&T and Samsung they said the update should be rolling out now you will get it when they push it out to your device they only do so many at a time
DaleDoback

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Looks like ATT reps (anonomously of course) are saying in a few different online articles a release window in the "Spring" is when we can expect the S7/Edge to get Nougat.  ATT is apparently doing their own Beta of the software now.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_s7_edge_on_at_t_may_get_nougat_update_in_couple_of_months-news-22864.php 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@DaleDoback wrote:

Looks like ATT reps (anonomously of course) are saying in a few different online articles a release window in the "Spring" is when we can expect the S7/Edge to get Nougat.  ATT is apparently doing their own Beta of the software now.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_s7_edge_on_at_t_may_get_nougat_update_in_couple_of_months-news-22864.php 

You did read what they base that story on right?  I have to say I love rumors and more rumors this time of year.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.