For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DaleDoback's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I can't update my S7. It only shows " Current software is up to date" and I don't live in USA. So can I get my phone update ?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@AnhMinh wrote:
I can't update my S7. It only shows " Current software is up to date" and I don't live in USA. So can I get my phone update ?

@AnhMinh

you cant...  You have to be on the ATT network as a Active customer in the USA...  Its just how ATT does it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I still do not have the update .

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@SheaMarie31116   Are you using ATT for service?  If not, you won't get updates.  You can take the phone to the Samsung Experience desk at Best Buy and ask them to flash the update for you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes i have an AT&T phone . @lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@SheaMarie31116  But are you using ATT for service.  ATT phones only receive updates if using ATT postpaid or Gophone for service.  If you have fallen way behind in updates, Samsung can bring you up to date.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I do the go phone plan .

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Take it to Best Buy to the Samsung experience desk.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

making sure i understand this.  I have a phone that uses ATT service. phone billing handled by our university which resells the service.

My and other peoples' S7 say software's up to date on version 6, but i know my mom's phone bought from the same profider came in with v7.

Reading this post, it seems the only way to get to v7 is to go to best buy and have them flash the phone?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I was just told by att that Google is responsible for updates. My husband and I both have the s7 his phone was updated, mine wasn't.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.