For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DaleDoback's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I bought unlock code from third party website. I have galaxy s7 edge. Still did not get the update yet. Will the unlocking impact my phone update?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@llbean90 Maybe.   You're still (always) going to need the AT&T published updates, because you've got an AT&T variant (not a factory-unlocked) of the device.

If your phone had been "in the queue" for an update, unlocking may have changed its priority; not for a malicious reason, but because its configuration has been changed.

AT&T hasn't ever really published how these are queued, nor have most carriers/manufacturers, even my Nexus 6P queue is very "black magic" and it comes straight from the Google update servers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I still have not received the update. Each time I check the software update, it says it is up to date. I am on ATT network. Please help me or advise what I should do.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I went to Best buy Samsung store. They have updated my Mobile. No charges.
I realized att never push software updates if we are not on their service.
It does not matter if we are on their Network or not.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My husband got the nougat update almost 3 months ago, I have yet to get it and we are on a family plan same phones and everything(bought at the same time) but yet i took my phone too AT&T and have called multiple times with no update i am still sitting at 6.0.2

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

When you call ask for Advanced Tech Support. Need to make sure IMEI matches in the system and that device care sees it. From there it can be pushed out IF the phone meets the needed requirements like free storage and so forth.

Clear the cache partition as well. Load up recovery mode and clear it. Then call 611 and get ATS on the line.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a s7 edge and it won t update although my friend has a s6 and it updated.I m not from America and I don't use att ; don't have a att sim

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@SupaHot wrote:
I have a s7 edge and it won t update although my friend has a s6 and it updated.I m not from America and I don't use att ; don't have a att sim

@SupaHot   You cannot update unless you are in the USA and using an ATT simcard and ATT for service.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The last update that I received was 8/2/2016....can anyone help me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had the same situation... Galaxy S7 Edge preordered when it came out, which had a build from May 2016 / Android 6.0.1. Unable to get the update, I contacted AT&T and they updated my IMEI which apparently was incorrect on their end. After their fix I got access to LTE  network - before it had been only 4G. However, the software update still claimed I had the latest SW version :(. Ultimately I went to Best Buy, where they have a Samsung consultant. He was able to flash my phone onsite and he upgraded it to Android 7.0 and last security patch level of May 1, 2017.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.