For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DaleDoback's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Correct, I believe it is an S6

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Unless it's a hacked version or non official ROM nope.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s6-update/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have an S7 Edge that has STILL not updated. What's the protocol for that? It constantly says "software up to date."

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge AT&t and does not let me get the update even though its connected to wifi. What do I do to get the new update???? My phone is also unlocked and it has no sim card inside. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have not got the update yet ;(

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

To get the update the phone must have a att sim card in it with active att service and connected to a att tower.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

A guy from the live chat told me I don't need to have a sim card inside. I just have to wait till they push the update to my imei number. He meant It never needs longer than two months after the regular update. So what is now fact? Without or with sim an just wait?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

I can tell you it won't work without a sim card.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

not true. i've got att phone, with att active account and have not yet gotten the update

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

my husband got the update on his phone. (we both have s7, not the s7 edge) we are on the same active account and I did not get the update

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.