AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
DaleDoback's profile
DaleDoback
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thu, Jan 12, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Really? Because I'm not in the us I can't download an update? What for a bad service. So I'm a backpacker and I don't own a laptop. Is it possible to flash the Smartphone without a computer? I don't think so, so I have to live with the old android? I wish I never had buy this phone. S7 international is so much more worth. On the snapdragon version you can't flash a custom Rom and now this, not even a normal update is available for me. Omg. Anyway, have a great day.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I've been checking for updates daily for almost a month now, and the Nougat update is not being pushed to my device. I have tried forcing it (*#8736364#) with no luck. This is ridiculous. You get a flagship Android device, Nougat has been out for months, and no update for me so far. Anyone, any ideas?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

By the way, this gradual distribution of software update is just nonsense. Why would some get it sooner than others? Maybe ATT servers can't handle? Time to jump ship maybe...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I having a problem after the Nougat upddate on AT&T. After the update if you guys can check the animations you will see. Open the folders up and app menu and look at the bottom left corner and tell me if you guys see an mirror image of the icons. I already returned a phone and when i resived the new one it didnt do it at the 6.0.1 update but when i updated it to nougat it started doing ti again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T pushed Nougat onto my phone last week.. They didn't notify me, ask me or let me know they would be doing it. When I called tech support, AT&T denied that they even pushed the update. Samsung denied that they even have the ability to push an update. Neither Samsung nor AT&T had any answer to the problems I'm having.

I spent hours learning the ins and outs of Marshmallow. I don't want to spend more hours learning another OS. Why? I do not see any part of the upgrade that actually makes my life easier or makes the ohone work better. It is actually worse.

Yes, I lost my spam filter so now I get call after call wanting to fix my credit.So where is the block filter? In Android 6 it was on top with the settings. It isn't now. 

My fingerprint recognition doesn't work right. It doesn't matter how many times I enter it, it only works part time.

When I open the camera, I now have to wade through a couple of pages. I just want to take a picture, not relearn photography. 

They changed the back ground colors of the texting app. Nope, you can't change it. It's a small thing but still annoying when its put on top of everything else. 

No one at AT&T or Samsung care or want to allow me to flash back to Marshmallow. All I get is lie after lie.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I don't think att or Google forces you to update, you have the option to exit out without updating, just exit....

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

6 years ago

@ThorHolloway  You cannot update ANY major OS without wifi.  Samsung doesn't update carrier versions with Kies.  Carrier phones require you are in the US, using that carrier for service.  

The Samsung  update is a very poor rendition of nougat.  I lasted one day before switching back to the Pixel.   

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jnoyolajr wrote:
I don't think att or Google forces you to update, you have the option to exit out without updating, just exit....

@jnoyolajr

actually updates are forced by ATT... you have 3 times to reject the update on the 4th time its getting installed on its own.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a Galaxy S7 in the US with ATT and just received the update to Nougat this morning.  It's Android 7.0.  A coworker has Android 7.1 on his Verizon device

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.