For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Martinezi1231's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 10th, 2018 7:45 PM

Galaxy S7 Oreo update issues.

I updated my Galaxy S7 edge the other day to the latest Oreo update and now many applications crash immediately when entering. Examples are Messages, Gmail, and various social media applications (all are updated to their latest version). Anyone else experience this and/or is there a solution?  

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

I suggest you wipe the S7's cache partition.  It's easy to do, won't delete your data, and it will fix many post-update issues.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
  3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
  4. Release all of the keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
  6. Press the Power key to select.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I've tried wiping the S7's cache partition, but the applications still crash.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

It's possible there may be a 3rd party app that's creating a conflict with other apps, causing them to crash. I suggest you restart your phone in safe mode and run it that way for awhile to see if you experience the same problem while in safe mode where 3rd party apps can't run. 

If you don't experience the same problem while in safe mode, then that's a very strong indicator that the issue is being caused by a 3rd party app.  (Not necessarily one that's been recently installed.)  Then you would need to track down the offending app(s) by removing apps one at a time until you locate the culprit.  It's best to keep a list of the apps you remove so the ones not responsible for the problem can be reinstalled. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem!

Tried to clear cache, no fix.

Many apps have this issue.

Even my camera doesn't work anymore?

It comes on and as soon as I get 1 picture it closes.

"Camera has stopped"

"Close app"

Stupid updates!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Seahawk2000  If wiping the cache partition didn't help, you should try running in safe mode to see if the issue still persists.  If it does persist in safe mode, then you may need to do a factory reset.  I realize no one likes to hear that, but sometimes it's what's needed to set things right again. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

A lot of people I know are having this issue and it all started immediately after the update to Oreo... I don't think wiping cache and booting safe mode is going to make a difference.  It is going to need to be a fix on the developers end.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Wedgebiggs wrote:

A lot of people I know are having this issue and it all started immediately after the update to Oreo... I don't think wiping cache and booting safe mode is going to make a difference.  It is going to need to be a fix on the developers end.

Well, maybe so, but it's not an Oreo issue.  Perhaps it may be related to Samsung's customized iteration of Oreo, or even AT&T's further customized version. 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Did not fix issues. Screenshot_20180625-162825_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Screenshot_20180625-164406_Chrome.jpg

2 Attachments

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

@earlj3  All that's left to try is a factory reset. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Having the same issue after the update. I can't even load pics to send in facebook messenger.... please fix this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.