Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Jj8279

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

Mon, Feb 20, 2017 2:20 PM

Galaxy s7 active nougat

Does anyone know when the galaxy s7 active will be getting nougat?

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

3 years ago

@Jj8279

when att releases it..  ATT does not release update schedules.  But if its like before the s7 active will get its update about 3 to 4 weeks after the s7 and s7 edge.  But that is speculation.  They only release updates in batches.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jj8279

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you.  I guess I am just confused as to why it was not included with the S7 and S7 edge update when they are the same internally.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

3 years ago

@Jj8279 wrote:

Thank you.  I guess I am just confused as to why it was not included with the S7 and S7 edge update when they are the same internally.

@Jj8279

same hardware but different software since it has the extra button on the side for the active features....  Active devices have always gotten there updates later.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jj8279

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks  I will continue to wait patiently.  Kind of hesistant on downloading the software off of one of those sites and installing it manually.

Jj8279

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

It's so difficult to sit here and wait for nougat to be received on the Galaxy S7 active.  If I had the Galaxy S6, S6 active,  or something older then I could understand and respect the structure or senority and how AT&T rolls out their software updates.

This is insane.  The same model (S7& S7 edge) goes and gets the update and we are left waiting.  The software for all S7's should have been developed and released at the same time despite the active having one extra button.

Not a happy camper.

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

The official update is live on servers now.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

3 years ago

@insulteduser wrote:
The official update is live on servers now.

hey I was right about 3 weeks after the s7/s7 edge.  Dont know how I called that one LOL.

Jj8279

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

Totally spot on, lol

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Well it's 15 March and my S7 Active keeps stating software up to date with Android 6.0.1

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

3 years ago

@RotorHead76

it can take up to a month for all devices to get the updates.  Its a slow rollout always has been with ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

They did it to me again. AT&T update.. Washed out the color slowed down my service some functions aren't working period and now it eats my battery fast. Did the same thing to me when I had a Note 5 six months after you buy it they update it and ruin it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

my brother got the update for his s7 active last week....

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

3 years ago

@PailSki wrote:
They did it to me again. AT&T update.. Washed out the color slowed down my service some functions aren't working period and now it eats my battery fast. Did the same thing to me when I had a Note 5 six months after you buy it they update it and ruin it

clear your cache and see if that works if that doesnt then factory reset the device.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…