For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
groanpa's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 5:16 PM

galaxy s6 dropping calls

I have two galaxy s6's, one is an active.   Replaced one phone with a new one, after trying  sim card replaced, due to dropped calls.  Both drop calls, never ending.  We can hear the other person, they can't hear us.  It happens hundreds of times a day.    Terrible,  both are new phones.    We often are told about phone calls, that we never received, or were noted in call log.

Currently looking for resolution before throwing 1200 dollars with of equipment in the garabage.  Wife wants to return Galaxy s3, it worked!

These don't perform and she is demanding a new phone.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @groanpa

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing dropped calls; I’d be glad to help you out.

• Make sure you have at least two bars of signal.
  • If not, try changing locations to improve the signal.
  • Make sure you are in a location with coverage by checking our coverage map.
  • If you would like to tell us about a problem area, please Mark the Spot and help us optimize the network.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thank you,

Charise

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have had the same issues with my S6 Active
I don't think it's the network. I think it's the phone I'm calling samsung cause i didn't have this problem with my s4 And wife doesn't have the problem ith her Note 4.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

TURN OFF enhanced LTE in the mobile networks/mobile data menu.  I was having this problem turn it off and bam phones worked like they should.  HD voice in non metro area's stinks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My S6 edge is muting my calls and dropping them. I have a home office and this has only started happening in the last month. This is obviously a phone bug my phone rests on my desk and is now dropping and muting in the same location that has worked for since I got it over a year ago. I have had to use my wifes iphone for important calls and it never drops or mutes in the same location. Turning off LTE may be a workaround but why should I have to deal with lower voice quality and downloading at half the speed, is there no other fix for this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have this problem as well--calls fading in and out on both sides. Hard to be professional that way.

I believe that Manhattan is part of AT&T's coverage area, although getting 2 bars is infrequent. 

I have read on other forums that this happens on other networks as well, but the hardware and wireless service providers engage in the circular blame game so nothing gets solved.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.