Pre-order the new iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro & iPhone 15 Pro Max from AT&T Now!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
fjsmileygirl's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 29th, 2017 12:57 PM

Galaxy S6 Active "Black Screen"

After doing the software update on Saturday the screen of my S6 active is "blacking out".  I can hear it ring, hear the notifications, feel it vibrate, and see the light in the upper left corner, but have an unresponsive black screen. I talked to AT&T and they were more interested in selling me the S8 Active than helping me find out why my current one is not working. The representative said that it was a screen issue and it would be cheaper to replace the phone than to fix it. I explained that I every time it went black and I reset the phone it worked perfectly for a few hours then would go black again.  Finally, they sent me to Samsung, who told me that I could send it to them and they would diagnose it for $75, but suggested I just buy a new one. After no avail, the Samsung rep told me to call AT&T and have it reset it back to factory settings. I called AT&T again and was told that they could not do that over the phone, so I went into the AT&T store after work and AGAIN was pressured to purchase a new phone. When I explained that I have 4 phones (2 brand new as of May 2017) and 2 tablets (1 brand new as of May 2017) and I was in no position at this time to purchase a new phone (especially because I love this phone, it is in pristine condition AND worked without issue UNTIL the software update). I have followed all the instructions given in an attempt to fix the problem: clean the charging port, start phone in recovery mode, wipe the cache partition, and finally doing a factory reset (deleting all my data) then was told there wasn't anything else that can be done. I asked them if they could diagnose it and she put it on their machine and said that there was nothing wrong with the phone and it probable is not equipped to handle the new software update. QUESTIONS: why was the update offered to a phone that is not equipped to handle it and why can't someone remove the update so my phone works again? Are the updates provided by Samsung and accepted by AT&T a sick ploy or a scam to get customers to pay for new phones on a schedule that they (Samsung & AT&T) set? If that is the case, then why not tell the customers that the life expectancy of the phone is based on your care and treatment BUT the MANDATORY software update provided by Samsung (promoted as an update to fix bugs and improve quality) will render your phone unusable.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Having same issues with my Galaxy S6 Active since AT&T update Saturday (I accidentally updated it)

Plus phone now powers off randomly 

Not a happy customer

Last update was just as bad but the phone ended up working ok after a few days so I'm hoping they get it right soon

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same. Updated my s6 yesterday (which worked perfectly) and I can hear ringtones and feel vibrations, but screen is blank. Very disappointed. Will any new updates be issued to correct this problem? I don't feel that I should have to pay to fix this.

Not finding what you're looking for?