For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
AnhBob's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 10:18 PM

Galaxy S5 settings for hands free bluetooth...anyone?

I am trying to use a "universal" bluetooth handsfree speaker phone with my S5.  Anyone had success?  If so what settings need to be set on the S5?  I seem to receive calls, but not make calls.  Thanks for any help.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

As popular as the Galaxy S5 is, I can't believe that no one has used it with a hands free device in their car.  Is this phone just not capable of hands free after the screen locks or is it such an obvious thing to configure that no one is responding?  I really think there has to be a way to this.

Help!

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Hi AnhBob, 

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the negative experience. What brand speaker are you attempting to use. Have you tried to unpair and re- pair the speaker? Have you attempted to place call from your S5 does sound come though the speaker? ^Jake  

Samsung Support

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Jake I am using a Motorola Roadster 2 which says it is compatable with the S5.

I get audio through the Roadster, but once the screen locks on the S5, I cannot push the handsfree button the Roadster and start a voice call.  I cannot wake up the S5 with voice commands (either Hi Galaxy or OK Google).  Once the phone is locked the only way to make a call is to manually unlock the screen with whichever method had been selected (PIN, fingerprint, etc.).  It just seems not very "handsfree" if that is the normal operation (also not real safe when driving if one must manually pick up the phone, unlock the screen then make a handsfree call(.

Any ideas??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I was using hands free calling, even with the screen locked.  After the last FORCED update, and "Hi Galaxy" appeared on my phone, it no longer works with the screen locked.  If I unlock the screen, it works.  But, the voice no longer come over the car speakers... who would you like to call?

How do I remove Hi Galaxy and go back to the old system?  Yes, I deleted and re-added the blue tooth connection in my car.  Didn't help.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Check the settings, Device, Call, Call accessories, Outgoing call conditions. Make sure "Even when device locked" is selected.

Should do it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I set the phone to "even when device is locked".  Didn't help.

How do I remove "Hi Galaxy" and go back to the original system?  It work better in many wany. Hi Galaxy keeps telling me I have xx (number of) new messages.  I discovered it's referring to text messages, even though I've already read them.  Makes me think I have a new voice message(s).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.