For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
amjohnson227's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, October 11th, 2014 3:45 PM

GALAXY S5 LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS DISABLED?!

Why in the world would AT&T disable lockscreen widgets? It's an awesome feature that Samsung includes in their software but AT&T disables.

This is a huge deal for me as the main reason I buy Android is for customization.

HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED RIGHT NOW AND HOPE THEY BRING THE FEATURES BACK.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

This has nothing to do with AT&T, it has to do with Samsung, they were the ones that disabled it. This was talked about on various non-AT&T forums when the phone first came out and many were disappointed. Samsung has never given an explanation as to why either. You can download various apps that will give you the ability though.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Why would other carriers have the lockscreen widgets enabled for Galaxy S5's then if it was not a carrier issue? I've also contacted Samsung and their statement was that AT&T software developers were responsible for this.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Also "various apps" are not what I want. I want a specific app "Dashclock." As far as I know there is no way to get this without rooting my device.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

As I say it time in again lock screen widgets are a google thing. Samsung chose to lock them for some reason.  

Atleast the s5 does have root.  just not an unlocked bootloader

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.